Office Manager - Commercial Assistant
Office Manager - City Centre
About Our Client
My client are a rapidly growing technology business.
booking meetings, lunches and dinners.
Flights, airport parking, hotels, trains and car hire.
Arranging airport transfers, catering for business lunches, greeting guests, booking conference calls and meeting rooms.
Providing secretarial support to other company directors and managers where required.
Arranging our attendance at the Annual CIA Dinner which is the largest event of the year for Newport Industries as well as other events throughout the year.
Arranging decorations for the office, Christmas cards and gifts for our clients and the company Christmas party.
Arranging our company attending and exhibiting at exhibition shows across Europe including the Annual Coating Show in Germany.
Handling expenses for the office including the credit card statements for all company card holders, foreign cash spending and petty cash.
Office Manager duties
Managing the online holiday system for the company. Maintaining the personnel files. Assistance with recruitment. Liaising with the HR company. Creating employee paperwork including contracts and correspondence. New employee inductions.
Getting the breakfast for the office each Monday morning.
Purchasing stationery and making sure the office is always fully stocked with all consumables. Arranging the monthly recycling collection.
Dealing with the daily post and the franking machine.
Answering the phones and directing enquiries. Taking messages and fielding calls.
Answering the door, greeting guests, providing refreshments and dealing with incoming parcels and deliveries.
Liaising with the front desk for the building and the building management regarding facilities.
Responsible for the company travel insurance, car insurance and mobile phone insurance.
Company mobile phones and the health insurance.
Arranging the lease cars for the Directors and Sales team.
Co-ordinating all elements of Fire Safety and First Aid. Maintaining fire extinguishers and first aid supplies. Managing Health & Safety compliance
Liaising with the IT and communications companies to order new hardware and to set up. Dealing with any issues or technical faults.
Keeping costs low where possible. Negotiating for better rates and ensuring the office sticks to budgets for consumables. Dealing with invoices
The Successful Applicant
- Previous experience of working in administration environments is essential, ideally as a PA or Office Manager.
- A degree is desirable but not essential.
- Polite, professional and confident phone manner as the first point of contact for the company.
- Confidence to interact with CEOs and MDs.
- A highly organised individual who can manage several tasks at once and with a high attention to detail.
- Needs to be proactive and efficient.
- Event management experience desirable Must have good administration and time management skills to maintain workload and paperwork in an effective and controlled manner
- Discretion To maintain sensitive company information.
- Good clear spoken and accurate written English skills. A high level of numeracy.
- High level of computer literacy with solid experience of using MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Flexible approach with the ability to think on your feet, resolve issues and prioritise responsibly to manage own workload.
What's on Offer
- Generous salary
- Benifits package
- Central location