- An opportunity for an experienced ocean freight pricing specialist
- Hybrid office working - with only one day per week required in Manchester
About Our Client
Our client is a global international shipping giant with over 100,000 employees across 1,500 locations in over 110 countries! They are one of the worlds largest freight brokers with strengths harboured across all areas of the logistics industry. The business has recently created a brand new office environment in Manchester and actively encourages all members to work on a hybrid model!
As an Ocean Freight Pricing Supervisor you will report into the Ocean Freight Pricing Director on a daily basis. You will also be responsbile for the following areas and remits:
- Generate ocean freight quotations to support regular and /or spot pricing enquires from the network both locally and globally, internally etc. via our internal Systems
- Ensure that the most competitive solution is offered, on all requests for regular and new business. To maintain our spot quotation workload queue from all network and global business units and presenting the logic and rates back in your response to the requestor.
- Be entrepreneurial and creative in building the best-tailored solution to meet the request, which will keep us ahead of the competition by utilising all solutions and resources available to us. Ensuring our KPI targets on Spot quotations and RFQ's met at all times e.g. 100% accuracy and response times achieved as per team targets and PPR targets.
- Engagement with Ocean Logistics Vertical Leaders, Trade Lane Managers. Branch Managers and Sales colleagues to ensure the best strategic customer solution and most competitive rate provided at all times.
- Drive competitive pricing and supports specific campaigns with competitive rates
- Control, manage, action and record all RFQ, TQT, Bid's / Tenders that have UK involvement.
- You will be a part of the team that owns and maintains our UK sell rate tariffs in all Ocean Logistics systems and the driving force for all rates to be # 1 market competitive.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Ocean Freight Pricing Supervisor will commute to Manchester one day per week and can work one a hybrid model thereafter. You will be an expert in ocean freight pricing - having a strong experience and background
- Prior experience in ocean freight pricing
- Working knowledge of air freight pricing structures
- Import & Export background
- Ideally based with a freight forwarder
- Commutable to Manchester one day per week.
What's on Offer
- 15% annual bonus
- 33 days holiday allowance
- Comprehensive benefits scheme
- Hybrid working - 1 day per week from the Manchester office