- Sunday to Thursday / Tuesday to Saturday NIGHTS Shifts
- Leading Distribution firm - multiple sites throughout the UK - career growth
About Our Client
Page Personnel Logistics has exclusively partnered with a leading Distribution firm in their search for a Nights Warehouse Shift Manager based at one of their largest UK Depots operating across a 24/7 shift pattern in Leicester.
On a daily basis, the successful Nights Warehouse Shift Manager will report into the Operations Manager / General Manager, leading a team of 30-40+ warehouse operatives. You will also have responsibility for the following areas:
- Daily management of 30-40+ operatives
- Managing costs and performance of the shift
- Lead and engage a team to drive excellent customer service
- Effective management of performance, conduct, absence, engagement and training and development of team members, holding people accountable to agreed departmental and company standards.
- Monitor KPI's, identify and communicate associated actions and highlight areas for improvement such as:
- Basis managerial responsibility such as Return to works, appraisals, absence management
- Joint responsibility for continuous improvement within the warehouse - 5S
- Responsible for all health & safety across site and promoting a safe atmosphere in which to work.
Nights Warehouse Shift Manager hours of works for this role will be (or similar):
Sunday to Thursday - 22:00 - 08:00
Tuesday to Saturday - 22:00 - 08:00
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the Nights Warehouse Shift Manager position will have the following skills and experiences:
- A Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background
- Have managed 30+ people and 2+ team leaders previously in a Warehouse / Distribution environment.
- Have 3+ years people management experience.
- Have worked within an eCommerce / Fast paced / demanding environment previously.
- An understanding of 5S / Lean / Six Sigma would be advantageous but not essential.
- Be open to Continuous Improvement and Change Management ideas in an ever-changing business unit.
- Have a proven track record in people management, people development and performance management with tangible examples.
- Worked in a Nights Shift pattern previously - this will be considered advantageous by the client.
- Be commutable to Leicester
The successful candidate may have worked within a Warehouse Senior Team Lead, Warehouse Team Leader, Warehouse Supervisor, Warehouse Shift Manager, Shift Manager role previously.
What's on Offer
- Salary - £32,000 to £35,000
- Bonus up to 10%
- Company Holiday scheme
- Company Pension scheme
- Plus additional company benefits