Neighbourhood Support Officer
Excellent Opportunity with a leading Local Authority
Competitive salary and an immediate start date!
About Our Client
A forward thinking Local Authority seeking Neighbourhood Officers who have experience in supported housing.
The key responsibilities:
- Effectively engage with our residents to identify and assist vulnerable tenants, referring them on to relevant agencies and monitor complex cases with the aim of supporting the resident to sustain their tenancy.
- Investigate and respond promptly and sensitively to all reports of anti-social behaviour including nuisance, harassment and domestic abuse.
- To manage tenancy related cases through legal processes, including preparing witness statements and attending Court.
- Manage the housing management team responsibilities of the void process, minimising the time a property is void whilst ensuring a customer focused letting service.
- Complete viewings and sign ups for prospective residents.
- Visit residents on a regular, targeted and pro-active basis, ensuring tenancy conditions are met.
- Assist our Rent Income teams to ensure effective management of arrears cases and joint-working to address any tenancy related issues to ensure income is maximised and recovered
- To sign post residents to the relevant agencies where residents require additional support including welfare advice, employment and training
- To be proactive and work in partnership with the Community Investment Team, and other agencies to develop and promote resident participation, consultation and community development, with the aim of meeting the needs of tenants and the community.
- To support complaint investigations and respond to all complaints and informal comments
- Identify opportunities in improving neighbourhoods in helping to create sustainable communities and lead on a specific project or neighbourhood.
- Ensure a programme of Neighbourhood Inspections is in place and carried out in liaison with other departments, stakeholders and residents, and targets are met.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate:
- Experience in Housing management
- Experience in supporting vulnerable tenants
- A strong track record of community based partnership working
- Managing and motivating a high performing team
- Experience of applying for and securing funding and / or resources
- Ability to write high quality reports e.g. monitoring and evaluation reports
- Experience of working closely with residents and resident groups
- The capability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- The ability to meet financial targets
- Strong organisational and project management skills
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will be offered the role as a Neighbourhood Support Officer and a competitive hourly rate of up to £21.90 PAYE. This is a Monday - Friday working week and an immediate start!
Shortlisting closes on Monday 9th September!