Excellent Opportunity with a Leading Social Housing Association
Permanent Opportunity in Bracknell
About Our Client
Silva Homes is a vibrant, confident and independent leading social housing association with ambitious plans, backed by strong finances and excellent colleagues. Established in 2008 as a stock transfer association, we are continuing to significantly invest in our customers' homes and improving the services we provide to them. We own or manage over 7,500 properties in and around Bracknell and are providing around 200 new homes each year. We have an annual turnover of over £45m and spend over £15m each year purchasing works, goods and services.
- You will be providing a high-quality carpentry and minor plumbing repairs service in occupied properties
- You will able to undertake all flooring and tiling associated with more complex carpentry repairs, including fencing and locksmith skills and be competent in all most plumbing related works. You will be able to demonstrate sufficient competency to undertake a full kitchen/bathroom refurbishment
- You will notify the Carpentry and General Trades Manager of any health and safety defects within properties and communal areas and make recommendations for rectifying them
- You will assist with inspection of repairs and maintenance requests to occupied properties and take a proactive approach to self-diagnostic cost-effective repairs on behalf of the Association
- You will carry out and detailed work in accordance with the current schedule of rates for the Silva Homes repairs & maintenance service
- You will be required to maintain accurate records of work undertaken and time taken daily. Completing all paperwork accurately and in a timely manner
- You will be responsible for your Silva Homes assigned vehicle, undertake maintenance checks on a weekly basis as per the driver's/operator's handbook and ensure an adequate supply of stock in order to undertake your assigned jobs
- You will undertake training as identified and directed in the provision of an efficient and effective quality service to clients
- You may be required to become a member of the repairs and servicing out-of-hours team either on a regular rota basis or as and when the need arise for emergency call-outs by arrangement submitting detailed reports at the earliest opportunity on the next working day to ensure adequate follow up provision is made for further repairs required
- You will comply fully at all times with the Code of Conduct for employees and other associated policies relating to conduct at work
- You will always ensure compliance with Health and Safety legislation, other relevant legislation and guidelines as set out in the Silva Homes policies and procedures
- Such other duties as may from time to time be necessary, compatible with the nature of the post. The above list of main duties and responsibilities is not necessarily a complete statement of the final duties of the post. It is intended to give an overall view of the position and should be taken as guidance only.
The Successful Applicant
- Achieve and demonstrate trade competencies for carpentry.
- Trade certificates, City &Guilds or NVQ qualifications in carpentry Possess the trade competencies for a carpenter to enable high quality carpentry repairs works to be completed including all fencing and kitchen repairs as well as more generalised carpentry works, and the resulting decoration required
- Ensure that all work is completed to the defined quality and technical standards
- Good knowledge of current maintenance techniques and use of the correct equipment
- Good organisational skills, a problem solver who uses their own initiative
- Ability to work on own initiative, be self-motivated and ability to work as part of team
- Enjoys working collaboratively with colleagues to provide a great service to our customers
- Literacy, numeracy skills and IT skills that enable you to undertake the role, e.g. completion of job sheets and certificates, use of hand-held electronic devices.
Qualifications and other requirements
- Good general level of education and qualified to NVQ level 3 or equivalent
- Health & Safety qualification
- A full clean driving licence.
What's on Offer
Silva provides a wide range of benefits that help invest in colleagues and their aspirations, to support them to work in the way they want and that makes sure Silva recognise, reward and look after everyone. They are also constantly reviewing this and looking at ways to improve our offer.
Investing in you
- A strong established pension scheme with employer contributions up to 12%
- Support to gain new skills to be at your best
- Investment in qualifications that will help you to develop in your role
- Payment of professional fees and subscriptions
- Uniforms, tools and vehicles for accredited people in trades and supportive housing areas.
- Digital devices to help you work where you need to, because we know work and life extends beyond the office
- Free office parking
- Paid volunteering opportunities.
- A competitive market salary
- Recognition awards.
Looking after you
- 28 days annual leave
- A rewarding buy and sell leave scheme
- A comprehensive employee assistance programme to provide confidential advice when you need it
- Flu jab vouchers
- Eye care and spectacle vouchers
- Access to various health and wellbeing activities
- Discounted gym membership option
- Health cash back plan option.