Middle Office Administrator
Middle Office role within one of the UK's largest investment management firms
Great opportunity to kickstart a longterm career within investment management
About Our Client
Managing more than £49.4 billion or our clients, the client is one of the UK's leading investment managers and a multi-award winning FTSE 250 organisation. The client is a provider of personalised investment management and wealth management services for private investors and trustees. This includes discretionary investment management, unit trusts, tax planning, trust and company management, pension advice and banking services.
Initiation of account opening process, including reviewing documentation, assessing completeness, monitoring of same until completion.
* Money laundering documentation maintenance
* Advising Investment managers of correct documentation and procedures
* Track and monitor the progress of client cases, liaising with Investment Managers or direct with the Professional intermediary as appropriate.
* Processing and reviewing of account amendments.
* Maintaining account opening documentation supplies and preparing packs for the Investment Managers.
* Prompt banking of client cheques and ensuring that funds are correctly applied on a timely basis. (Particularly where the suspense account is used).
* Providing administrative support to Investment Managers who have high levels of exposure to IFA's.
* Running contract prints and distribution to investment managers
* To oversee and manage all CASS related processes, systems and controls within the business area, in support of the SMF18, ensuring that procedures are an accurate reflection of working practise at all times and any CASS issues are escalated and resolved as and when necessary
The Successful Applicant
18 months+ previous experience in a similar role/industry would be preferred
* Strong administration skills
* Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
* High level of numeracy and accuracy with a methodical approach to their work
* Ability to operate in a professional manner and to work within deadlines.
* Excellent communication skills.
* A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
* Knowledge of Account opening and amendment systems, Quasar and RID is useful but not essential as full training will be provided.
What's on Offer
A competitive salary and extensive benefits package including healthcare, pension, bonus, income protection, life insurance, childcare vouchers and a share incentive plan.
Exciting internal progression on offer which can involve moving between teams further down the line.