- Fantastic benefits package
- 27.1% pension scheme contribution
About Our Client
The Government Property Agency (GPA) who delivers property and workplace solutions across the government facilities nationwide. GPA introduce a portfolio-led approach to managing central government property from new building projects, refurbishments to full life cycle maintenance.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual to utilise their specialist skill set, knowledge and exposure to wide range of property throughout the British Isles. The variety of projects planned and currently being delivered are hugely diverse in value and range and cover some unique listed and truly significant sites.
The roles and responsibilities you will be performing will be influenced heavily through remote working, the client are optimistic with hybrid working due to the amount of offices they have around the UK.
The GPA need a MEP engineer to be responsible for ensuring the Government Workplace Design Guide and supporting technical annexes are applied consistently across specific projects. You will report into the MEP Manager providing regular, accurate updates on the delivery status for each project to ensure each work package remains aligned with wider programme objectives.
The MEP Engineer will be a part of the Technical Assurance team who are responsible for successfully managing, executing and completing up to handover of a range of building systems projects such as energy efficiency and system replacements.
- Undertaking technical assurance/due diligence of building systems designs at key project stages, eg RIBA stages 2 -
- Ensuring compliance with building regulations for building systems
- Providing technical assistance (advice, assurance and approval) to the integrated project delivery teams.
- Overseeing compliance with building systems standards and specifications set out in the Design Guide and GPA's MEP standards specification and guidance documents
The Successful Applicant
- Level 4 qualification in mechanical, electrical or building services engineering
- Experience in the design of MEP following the BSRIA Design Framework for Building Services BG6 aligned to the RIBA design stages
- A thorough understanding of:
- Building Services MEP systems
- Building regulation compliance.
- RIBA design stages
- Construction compliance and legislative requirements.
- Projects using BIM level 2
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical, electrical, or building services engineering.
- Membership of a professional body (e.g., IMechE, IET, CIBSE).
What's on Offer
- £42,600 annual salary
- The civil service pension scheme (27.1% contribution)
- flexible working arrangements (Hybrid working model)
- Civil Service-Learning resources. (tailored learning plan)
- Generous annual leave. In addition, employees are entitled to 8 days public holiday and an additional privilege day for the Queen's Birthday.
- Cycle to work scheme - loan to purchase cycling equipment with typical savings of up 40%
- Access to tax free childcare scheme and holiday play schemes.
- Free eye tests
- Employee discounts through EdenRed
- Employee Assistance Programme