- Do you have experience using a ledger system?
- Have you obtained any of your accounting qualifications?
About Our Client
A nationwide organisation with exciting benefits such as flexible working and high levels of employee support.
- Participate in the annual budget setting processes, contributing to the development of unit, Directorate and Trust budgets as required.
- Develop a detailed understanding of the particular patterns of income / expenditure with the designated operating units. Prepare reports on past patterns and forecasts of likely out-turn.
- Monitor income and expenditure within designated areas and identify variances from plan. Review these with Team Leader / Head of Financial Analysis and participate in operating unit-level discussions to consider the necessary remedial courses of action.
- Identify the information requirements of budget holders and propose developments of routine within Finance to meet these.
- Contribute to internal Financial processes as required.
- Develop and maintain an authoritative knowledge and understanding of Financial Procedures, Standing Orders and Standing Financial Instructions in order to ensure acceptance and adherence within designated areas.
The Successful Applicant
- Has experience using Oracle
- Strong use of Microsoft Excel and other MS office programmes
- Has Accounting qualifications, with minimum 2 years experience using a ledger system
- Has strong attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Is very organised
What's on Offer
- Flexible working options
- Opportunity to work for a nationwide organisation