Work with an extremely hard working team in a hugely rewarding role
Develop your skillset by learning from highly experienced senior members
About Our Client
This Public Sector and Government institution based in Norwich are able to provide a challenging role which is highly rewarding due to the goals of the institution as well as the hard working team. The Management Accountant position is also able to provide a strong set of benefits for the successful candidate.
The Management Accountant will be responsible for:
- To produce accurate and timely financial information, including detailed written reports outlining key financial issues.
- Review the draft budget statements each month and make necessary adjustments ensuring the statements accurately reflect the financial position.
- Investigating and obtaining explanations for significant variances and to discuss these variances with budget holders and managers.
- The re-calculate and re-profile budgets for in-year adjustments in accordance with policy.
- To meet regularly with budget holders and Senior management teams to assess financial performance, to discuss financial issues and to provide proactive advice.
- Responsibility for budgeting and planning
- Financial plans and forecasts.
- Responsibility for costing.
- To develop month end processes to increase accuracy and timeliness of financial information.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the Management Accountant will be:
- Actively pursuing their ACCA/CIMA qualification
- Previous experience in a Public Sector and Government institution would be advantageous
- Able to show a history of management accounts and budget production
- Strong Excel ability, able to handle and manipulate a large amount of data
- Confident in working closely with a senior stakeholders
What's on Offer
The successful candidate for the Management Accountant will be joining a highly sought after position with an established Norwich institution. The position will allow you to really make a difference to the organisation and those who benefit from it.