An excellent opportunity to join a not-for-profit organisation
Sheffield based role
About Our Client
We are proudly representing a charity who operate in the education & training sector, in both the Sheffield City Region and nationally. They also offer facilities for the local community, therefore the business consists of two trading arms. This role will be covering both parts of the organisation.
Responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to, managing monthly management accounts including journals, forecasts and departmental contribution statements; discussing the financial accounts, monthly, with budget holders, to identify the key variances, to identify trends and report on variances to forecast; production of monthly payroll; preparing VAT and Statistical Returns; liaising with external auditors; maintain internal financial controls and policies; reviewing and maintaining balance sheet reconciliations and managing balance sheet processes; cash flow management and forecasting; maintaining the Fixed Assets Register; assist with the annual budget process working closely with budget managers; any other duties as required.
The Successful Applicant
Candidates wishing to apply to the role should have:
- Previously worked in a similar role
- An excellent attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Finance business partnering experience
- A good understanding of tax/VAT
- Brilliant communication skills, both written and verbal
- A competent level of computer literacy and systems knowledge, including a working knowledge of MS Excel
- A relevant qualification, or be working towards ACCA/CIMA/AAT/etc. (desirable, not essential)
- A knowledge of SAGE 50 (desirable, not essential)
- Previous payroll experience (desirable, not essential)
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will receive an excellent opportunity to join the not-for-profit sector as a Management Accountant.
23 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays +ability to purchase up to an additional 5 days annual leave per year + auto enrolment scheme + free car parking + access to discounts at Meadowhall Shopping Centre + discounted café on site + health care scheme + life assurance.