Management Accountant / Finance Business Partner
Highly successful business
About Our Client
Our client a highly successful business that are experiencing a very positive period of growth are currently recruiting for a Management Accountant / Finance Business Partner to join the team in Redhill, Surrey. The role will be based working from home until March 2021 and afterwards there will be a level of flexibility to work from home.
As the Management Accountant / Finance Business Partner you will be responsible for:
- Complete monthly management accounts, month end accounting for the departments, including accruals, prepayments, general book keeping and variance analysis.
- Business partnering to business units including gaining an indepth understanding of the operational business to ensure that the business is making value for money commercial decisions.
- Generating monthly reporting packs for the operational business, to ensure that operational heads of departments and cost centre managers are in control of their expenditure. Developing finance reporting that links into the non financial key performance indicators and performance commitments of the operational department.
- Quarterly in year Forecasting, Annual budgeting and forward looking 5 year high level forecasts, regular review and tracking against forecast.
- Working closely with the Finance Business Partner - Capex on monthly accounting of department
- Production of monthly balance sheet reconciliations and journal sign off
- Implementation of business controls and procedures.
- Development of month end timetable, procedures, improvement of key financial reporting and system development.
- Building partnerships and strong relationships with all senior managers and their teams to provide financial support for operational and commercial decision making.
- Understanding the cost drivers of the business and providing insight to non finance members. Providing finance for non-finance training across the business units.
- Challenging current ways of working, driving efficiencies and best practise wherever possible.
- Being a key member of the delivery of the external audit at half year and year end.
The Successful Applicant
- ACCA or CIMA (or equivalent) part qualified
- Management accounting experience essential, business partnering experience desirable
- Experience of working with non-finance members of the organisation
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to communicate well with colleagues at all levels of the business
- Ability to liaise with other departments to ensure efficient monthly processes.
- Ability to work across departments - both as a customer of other departments and as a service provider to others.
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Can work in a time-pressured environment.
- Enthusiastic to streamline processes
- Experienced in the use of Microsoft Navision is a bonus but not essential
What's on Offer
- £37,000 - £45,000 depending on experience and qualifications
- Study Support
- Life assurance
- 23 days' holiday per year, increasing to 27 with service
- Simply Health Cash Plan, Surgical Choices and Rewards