About Our Client
My client is a well known student accommodation provider. They are seeking a Maintenance Technician to join their team in Sheffield for 3 months during the busy period.
- Works as part of a team, supporting and respecting other team members, to deliver exceptional resident living
- Communicate effectively with customers, clients and colleagues; demonstrating a clear understanding of the issue and using initiative to respond accordingly
- Maintain a focus on delivering services within agreed budgetary & resource parameters
- Monitor the electronic maintenance reporting system daily ensuring tasks are completed to a high standard and within suitable time scales, corresponding with tenants when required.
- Administer all property maintenance & records in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Maintain adequate levels of spares, stock and supplies, ensuring effective forward planning
- Undertake repair and maintenance tasks to a high quality including plumbing; joinery and carpentry; painting/decorating; maintenance of lighting and required statutory testing
- Understand and respond to health and safety matters in an appropriate & timely manner
- Move furniture and heavy items from location to location on site as required
- Ensure all common parts of the site including refuse and recycling facilities are frequently inspected and maintained to the highest standards of repair & cleanliness.
- Co-ordinate Contractors/Suppliers executing minor works contract on site
- Assist the Community manager in key management ensuring high levels of security at all times.
- Accompany external contractors whilst on site in line with key management and access to accommodation policies and practice.
- Ensure the gardens and grounds maintenance to the property are well maintained, clean, tidy and hazard free, supervising external contractors as required
- Carry out annual PAT testing and inspections of emergency lighting, weekly fire alarm tests and fire evacuations
- Practice proper safety techniques in accordance with Company and safe systems of work guidelines
- Report any incidents or accidents to the Operations Manager using the correct system and documentation
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Candidate will have a recognised trade qualification, Building Crafts Operative Certificate, City and Guilds or NVQ relevant to undertaking repairs and maintenance in a residential building or commercial building.
Experience & Skills:
- Experience of undertaking repairs and maintenance in a domestic residential environment or as a general builder /residential construction in the following trades; plumber, electrician or carpenter
- Compliance with all operating systems, policies & procedures.
**You will be required to undergo a DBS check which will be paid for by the Client**
What's on Offer
£13.45 per hour including holiday pay
3 month Temporary contract
40 hours per week
must be able to work from 20th June to 20th August