Maintenace Technician - Summer Project
3 month Contract within an exciting summer project
About Our Client
Nationwide leading student accommodation provider.
- Works as part of a team, supporting and respecting other team members, to deliver exceptional resident living
- Communicate effectively with customers, clients and colleagues; demonstrating a clear understanding of the issue and using initiative to respond accordingly
- Maintain a focus on delivering services within agreed budgetary & resource parameters
- Monitor the electronic maintenance reporting system daily ensuring tasks are completed to a high standard and within suitable time scales, corresponding with tenants when required.
- Administer all property maintenance & records in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Maintain adequate levels of spares, stock and supplies, ensuring effective forward planning
- To respond to calls outside office hours which cannot be resolved without a presence on site referring to appropriate contractors as necessary
- Undertake repair and maintenance tasks to a high quality including plumbing; joinery and carpentry; painting/decorating; maintenance of lighting and required statutory testing
- Understand and respond to health and safety matters in an appropriate & timely manner
- Move furniture and heavy items from location to location on site as required
- Ensure all common parts of the site including refuse and recycling facilities are frequently inspected and maintained to the highest standards of repair & cleanliness.
- Co-ordinate Contractors/Suppliers executing minor works contract on site
- Monitor sub-contractors performance to standard and retain accurate records of their site operations including all relevant RAMS & Permits to Work.
- Highlight and assist with the management of any community works.
- Assist the Community manager in key management ensuring high levels of security at all times.
- Accompany external contractors whilst on site in line with key management and access to accommodation policies and practice.
- Ensure annual checks are carried out for their statutory insurance and qualifications.
- Ensure the gardens and grounds maintenance to the property are well maintained, clean, tidy and hazard free, supervising external contractors as required
- Manage & maintain all statutory testing records, utilising other team members where appropriate
- Carry out annual PAT testing and inspections of emergency lighting, weekly fire alarm tests and fire evacuations
- Practice proper safety techniques in accordance with Company and safe systems of work guidelines
- Report any incidents or accidents to the Operations Manager using the correct system and documentation
- Review site risk assessments as required with Operations Manager.
- Look to maximise efficiency of utilities.
The Successful Applicant
Knowledge & Qualifications:
- A reasonable level of general education educated to O' Level / GCSE level or equivalent with demonstrable written and numerical skills.
- Awareness of H&S requirements on site
- Continually strives to improve knowledge, skills and abilities to produce the best results
- A recognised trade qualification, Building Crafts Operative Certificate, City and Guilds or NVQ relevant to undertaking repairs and maintenance in a residential building is also highly desirable
Experience & Skills:
- Experience of undertaking repairs and maintenance in a domestic residential environment or as a general builder /residential construction in the following trades; plumber, electrician or carpenter
- Compliance with all operating systems, policies & procedures.
- Helpful, friendly personality with effective communication skills
- Behave in a professional, courteous and helpful manner towards colleagues and residents at all times
- Be a positive advocate for change, highlighting and implementing business improvement initiatives.
- Adopt a team work approach
- A flexible approach to work
- Positive attitude and ability to work with little supervision
- Smart in appearance, complying with stated appearance code
- Ability to determine cost effective solutions to repairs
- Contractor & Supplier Supervision skills are desirable
What's on Offer
3 month temporary contract as well as the opportunity to be called on by the client on future projects.