- Must have a HGV licence
- Strong experience in a logistics role is essential
About Our Client
Page Personnel Logistics have partnered with an international multi-service provider, offering textile, hygiene and facility services solutions. A leader within the industry due to continued success they are rapidly expanding and are now looking to add a Logistics Supervisor to their successful team in Reading.
The successful applicant for this Logistics Supervisor role in Reading can expect to have the following responsibilities:
- Ensure vehicle and driver compliance with O licence, site, EU and other legal requirements, monitoring, analysing TMS2 data and ensuring corrective action is implemented to continuously improve the working environment.
- To provide relief cover by completing routes in the event of driver absence or holidays.
- Deputies for the Logistics Manager during periods they away from the business.
- Ensure route optimisation savings are achieved and all routes are profitable, ensuring the use of agency drivers is kept to a minimum.
- Resolve all logistics problems eliminating inefficient supply and distribution routes, quality of service, customer losses and continuously improving working practices.
- Ensure all Health & Safety regulations are adhered to
- Ensure driver compliance with site EN14065 standard
- To ensure the drivers deliver the level of customer service that meets the agreed plans for optimal service levels.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Logistics Supervisor who is a commutable distance from Reading will have the following qualities:
- Previous experience managing/leading a team will be essential for this role
- Individuals who are analytical and data-led will be successful in this position
- IT literate (Microsoft Office)
- HGV 2 licence
- Experience of lean (Six Sigma) implementation in lean manufacturing systems is desirable but not essential
What's on Offer
- Competitive salary
- Competitive benefits package