- My Portsmouth client is looking for a Logistics Material Supply Planner.
- Excellent salary and benefits package to the successful candidate.
About Our Client
My client is a large manufacturing business based on the outskirts of Fareham.
- Master Scheduling: Updating supplier schedule, supplying components in the agreed lead time as per Purchase Order setting in order to fill the supply chain and anticipate any middle term risk of shortage.
- Delivery Follow Up : Following Up all deliveries from supplier to the business from the shipment date, tracking the deliveries from their shipment date and place in order to anticipate any delay in delivery.
- Early deliveries/Arrears Follow Up: Sending reminder letter to our early/late suppliers to make them aware of their position to delivery plan, monitoring the delivery performance on a daily basis to be able to anticipate any possible short-term risks of shortage or overstock.
- Inventory Management: Working on supplies and safety levels to lessen the inventory value, reaching an optimal inventory position.
- Supplier performance: Rating the supplier monthly on time delivery and escalating possible deviations with factual analysis report, monitoring the overall delivery performance of our suppliers in order to adapt our communications/strategy.
- Being the operational contact point for all information related to the supplier, being responsible, accountable, consultable and informed.
- Ensure that you adopt and federate company policy.
- Creation of Item masters and BOM for new parts once full sign off and GA drawing is released and to update trim levels when needed.
- To support the Change Request process and approve/deny whilst taking into consideration the business needs. Participating in the implementation of modifications, ensuring change points are captured on the business system to enable optimum introduction dates in line with Company procedures.
- Determine stock levels to support engineering requisitions and approve/deny whilst informing production.
- To assist and carry out any actions regarding customs clearance.
- Initiate perpetual inventory mechanism to maintain continued accuracy and reliability of stock records, analysing stock status and movement of all parts under control whilst maintaining production continuity. Support the Investigation of discrepancies between computer stock and instigate corrective action necessary.
- Determine and prioritise daily/weekly requirements by obtaining and analysing information build programme variance, receiving facility/supply constraints, internal/external disputes, quality/packaging etc., to balance stock levels against production requirements to avoid misfits.
- Assist other departments as required; Accounts Department in resolution of invoice queries, highlight possible discrepancies to Production Process.
- Fully support manufacturing and deal with any internal / external issues which effect the customer requirements.
- To support in the understanding/recovery and prevention of obsolete inventory were required.
- Ensure that you comply and adopt the CANDO programme regarding the organisation of your work environment.
- Support with the conformance and continual improvement of the company Quality Management System to IATF 16949, Environmental management system ISO14001, Occupational Health and safety management system ISO45001 and customer specific requirements within your process and job responsibilities.
- Ensure understanding and compliance to the company's latest Health and Safety policy, Environmental policy and Quality policy.
Any other duties as may be reasonably requested by the Logistics Manager
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will be already experienced in the mechanics and finer points of inventory management within a dynamic environment. Already fully conversant with ERP systems, ideally with MFG/PRO experience.
Comfortable communicating accurately and effectively across all levels of business, focusing on inventory management and engineering change.Strong analytical skills and IT systems knowledge are essential along with a process improvement mind-set, problem solving skills and effective multi-tier communication skills.
Equally effective when working as part of a team or independently, embracing the entrepreneurial spirit and customer focused approach required to always deliver solutions in a result orientated business.
What's on Offer
An excellent salary and benefits package is available to the successful candidate.