- A fantastic opportunity to work in FMGC Logistics on days in Oxford
- Work two days a week from home with excellent benefits
About Our Client
The successful candidate will be working as a Logistics Coordinator for a successful, global FMCG brand for their Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain operations in their Oxford sales and distribution office. This company's drinks products can be found nationally in all the big supermarkets and convenience stores as well as having a worldwide presence as a producer and distributor.
The Logistics Coordinator based in Oxford will be responsible for:
- Arranging and participating fully in regular meetings with key stakeholders such as freight forwarders, hauliers, third party bottlers/warehouses plus internal meetings such as Planning Forums and Supply Reviews.
- Coordinate freight forwarder allocation with Planning team for weekly orders.
- Maintain FMCG Supply Chain function fully informed of any issues that might impact logistics performance either in origin countries or in UK.
- Raising of bulk wine subcontracted Purchase Orders and Stock Transfer Orders on behalf of Planning team.
- Weekly / Monthly KPI generation and scorecard update for department.
- Ensure all necessary reports are up to date and in the correct format to interface with the planning system.
- Maintain electronic database of shipping documents including organic certificates and first port of call for queries
- Support Logistics Manager in resolving queries around import/export clearance issues including excise/tariff enquiries.
- Track dispatch and in transit progress of orders placed and highlight non-conformance for late dispatch or extended transit time.
- Liaison with Planning, freight forwarders and warehouse around inbound container bookings (bulk and cased goods).
- Monitor, report and support Logistics Manager in mitigating any upcoming demurrage costs
- Provide cover for Logistics Manager on request.
- Be the point of first check on Transport and Freight Forwarder invoices.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Logistics Coordinator will:
- Have a high level of communication skills.
- Excellent Excel and computer software experience.
- Be experienced in planning and organisation.
- Be accuracy and results orientated.
- Contribute to stakeholder engagement.
- Be customer focused with analytical thinking and decision making.
- Have experience in freight forwarding (and/or UK distribution).
- SAP experience an advantage.
- Be proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Ideally have experience in a branded FMCG business.
What's on Offer
The Logistics Coordinator benefits from:
- A basic salary of £28,000 -£30,000 (depending on experience)
- A discretionary 5% bonus (based on personal and company performance)
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Working from home two days a week (Monday & Friday)
- Pension Scheme