- Great salary
- Expanding-established business
About Our Client
My client is a worldwide tech business with offices in Lampeter. Due to a brilliant gain in market share, they are looking to expand their Purchasing team at their Lampeter site. This organisations is rapidly expanding, who are looking to take their products to new markets such as the Middle East and Africa.
- Taking the administrative lead for the category you will be responsible for product and data entry into NAV Dynamics and manage the range data so that it is accurate and up to date. You will need to adopt systems and process in order to ensure consistency whilst contributing to projects that are focused on continuous improvement.
- You will be accountable for creating and distributing action-based minutes for any category focused meetings, including monthly Category Direction meetings.
- Information visibility is key, so supporting the buyer with preparation towards category projects and meetings, keeping the Project Charters up to date and communicating project milestones and achievements will sit with yourself.
- You must ensure all category filing and folders are organised and information can be readily accessible on request.
- You will work with the established process for sample management and be accountable for the buying aspect within it.
- You will work with the established process for catalogue creation and ensure on time and accurate data is supplied and proof checked.
- You will work with the buyer in all aspects of the range build for the category. You will take the lead on the administration and will be the go-to person after the buyer in order to provide accurate updates to status of product development. You will help the buyer build detailed RFQ and product briefs and understand the sample development process and timelines.
- You will liaise with the buyer, merchandising, design, sales and QA to ensure smooth running of live orders, ensuring communication is punctual and responsive. You will help facilitate the buying accountabilities within the critical path and attend relevant critical path meetings.
- You will support the buyer and together act as the link between the sales department and suppliers with reactive based sales enquiries. Attention to detail and building product knowledge to ensure detailed enquires are created from the outset.
- You will support the buyer and be able to administer the live costing sheet, interpreting data accurately from suppliers and able to communicate through to the sales department.
- You will support the buyer in creating detailed design briefs and understand priorities and process for when and how to request design and packaging to bring either concepts and orders to fruition.
- You will support the buyer and help ensure positive relationships are built and maintained with suppliers, ensuring communication is clear, results focused and professional.
- You will work with QA and Buyer to understand the legal and / companies established requirements for products.
- You will build your product knowledge by supporting the buyer with their requirements to bring commercial products into the business. You will undertake competitive research trips and be able to benchmark the competition and demonstrate a commercial understanding of the product requirements and customer's needs.
- You will support the buyer with preparation required to undertake buying and trade show trips from the pre-planning, researching, costing, booking and post trip follow up.
The Successful Applicant
To become the next Lampeter based Purchasing Assistant you should be:
- Buying experience at Buying Admin, Assistant Buyer or similar
- The ideal candidate would be able to demonstrate good listening and communication skills, essential for working cross functionally with the Sales, Merchandising, Shipping, Design and QA teams.
- An eye for detail is critical. The ability to solve problems and suggest solutions to mitigate risk, are valued.
- A good understanding of excel. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate their analytical competence and be able to interpret commercial data.
- a confident individual that is comfortable owning the administrative needs of the department.
- Able to work in a face paced environment.
- The ability to prioritise and being effective
What's on Offer
The successful Lampeter based Purchasing can expect
- £25,000 salary
- Company incentive schemes
- Free on-site parking
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays