- Multiple permanent and fixed term opportunities with Evergreen Garden Care
- ASAP start available in Hatfield
About Our Client
Evergreen Garden Care is the leading garden care company in Europe and Australasia, producing high quality garden care products such as Miracle-Gro, Levington, Tomorite, and many other brands.
Job purpose: Proactively receipt raw materials to site and support production processes on site by ensuring the required flow of product into the right location at the right time, in accordance with safety, quality and operational procedures and within a busy and fast paced environment. Perform and record quality checks on incoming raw materials in accordance with current operating procedures and reporting any discrepancies to management.
Site isbased in Hatfield DN8 5TE
Working with others:
- Follow direction from Managers, Shift Supervisors or nominated person/s Operations
- Driving of mobile plant including loading shovels and fork lift trucks.
- Responsible for safe and steady flow of materials delivering onto site.
- Directing drivers to the correct delivery areas.
- Support production processes by ensuring the required flow of raw materials around site.
- Perform and record quality checks on incoming raw materials in accordance with current operating procedures. Ensuring any discrepancies are correctly reported to management.
- Responsible for maintaining housekeeping in area of work.
- Adherence to safety policies and operating procedures at all times
- Adherence to product quality standards and work instructions
- Responsibilities as defined by Site Emergency Procedures
- Operating in line with Safe Systems of Work (SSOW's) , Standard Operating Procedures (SOP'S) and Integrated management Systems (IMS)
- Actively participate to achieve department and site KPI's.
Health, Safety and Environmental Compliance:
- Comply with Environment, Health & Safety Policy
- Comply with Environment, Health & Safety Rules & Values
- Comply with Environment, Health & Safety Vision & Strategy
- Comply with Safe Systems of Work
- Participate in the development of Safe Systems of Work and Risk Assessments
- Awareness and adherence to Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) assessments
- Awareness of responsibilities as defined by the Site Emergency Procedures
- Ensuring that hazards and risks are minimized.
Integrated Management System (IMS):
- Comply with the requirements of the Integrated Management System and act appropriately with regard to day to day management of QSHE issues. Assist in achieving QSHE objectives and targets.
- Undertake other duties as the management may from time to time reasonably require.
- Carry out all duties in accordance with The Company's Employment Policies and individual contractual terms and conditions of employment Take reasonable care of health and safety of self, other people and resources whilst at work to comply with The Company's Environment Health and Safety Policy, Procedures and local rules.
- Co-operate with the function managers, or any other person with specific responsibility for Environment, health and safety, to enable The Company's responsibilities under Environment, Health & Safety Legislation to be performed.
- Comply with the requirements of the management system and act appropriately with regard to day to day management of QSHE issues. Assist in achieving QSHE objectives and targets.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Operative will have:
Loading shovel license and experience of mobile plant in similar role.
- FLT Licence (desirable)
- Good Health and Safety awareness
- Flexible and proactive approach and attitude
- Good communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly including good listening skills with the ability to take instruction and complete tasks requested
- Attention to detail and follow through to completion - shows initiative and works well under time pressure
- Self-starter as well as a good team player
- Co-operate with the function managers or any other person with specific responsibility for Environment, Health and Safety, to enable the Company responsibilities under Environment, Health & Safety Legislation to be performed.
What's on Offer
£20,000 - £22,000 per annum + £500 sign-on bonus + shift allowance + ASAP start + on site parking + full training provided + excellent company benefits including 25 days annul leave plus bank holidays, work functions and bonus