Are you skilled in customer focused lettings service?
Immediate on-going temporary contract - Apply Now!
About Our Client
A Leading Local Authority.
The key responsibilities
- To manage the allocation process of SBC properties and nominations to our RSL partners via Home4U in accordance with the Housing Allocations Scheme
- To maintain a current, comprehensive knowledge of alternative housing, in order to advise applicants on all their housing options in conjunction with colleagues in housing advice.
- To maintain a current and comprehensive working knowledge of immigration law.
- To ascertain and confirm by investigation and evaluation, that housing applicants are, and remain, eligible for offers of rehousing.To interview and visit applicants in their homes or elsewhere to assess housing need and make appropriate referrals on issues of suspected safeguarding issues any other forms of abuse or neglect and environmental health .
- To ensure that the first week's rent is paid by the new tenant at the sign up and an agreement for future payments is made
- To ensure empty homes are let in the shortest possible time to avoid unnecessary loss of revenue
- To deal with complex cases which can involve fraud detection, child residency, home ownership and eligibility for housing.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate:
- Experience in the Housing and Lettings Sector
- Knowledge of Housing Laws
- Confident in the Lettings and Empty Homes process
- Excellent communicator on all levels
What's on Offer
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Lettings Officer with a forward thinking Local Authority. This temporary contract will be a Wednesday - Friday work pattern, paying a competitive hourly rate and an immediate start.