- Edinburgh City
About Our Client
A leading law firm
Diary management - makes and amends appointments, arranges meeting rooms, tracks responses and organises refreshments if required
* Inbox management - when required ensures documentation copied to client folder (as required), flags important emails and ensure dealt with, checking lawyer inbox when out of office/in meetings and actions important/urgent emails/invitations where appropriate.
* Proactively organises partner management information (i.e. Op Board Reports/Strategy plans, budget information)
* Responsible for drafting basic letters with enclosures * Responsible for booking external training for the team.
* Responsible for compilation and issue of management information for certain clients
Anticipate requirements for meetings i.e. organise papers, produce itinerary, directions, background/profile information, completion deadlines.
* Assists with Marketing and Business Development - helps maintain BD trackers, prepares information as necessary, liaises with Marketing and BD to report trips, deals, etc.
* Able to deal with clients and third parties on a day to day basis via e-mail, phone or in person, ensuring that accurate messages are communicated and dealt with professional and proactively and within department guidelines.
* An obligation to make efforts to get to know key clients of the person you are working for and the Brodies team who are completing that work ensuring the highest quality client service is provided
* Proactively managing opening of client files in liaison with Partner including conducting verification of identity, research, email correspondence, managing all communication regarding file management and letters of engagement
The Successful Applicant
Should have knowledge and experience of working within a busy Personal/Private Client area
* This position is demanding so the successful candidate should be used to working under pressure, often with tight deadlines * Highly motivated with the ability to use initiative and be proactive is essential
* Good communication skills and confident in dealing with people at all levels
* A strong team player with a can do attitude * Ability to maintain flexibility regarding office role and workload
* Organises and prioritises time effectively to achieve deadlines
* Presents a professional image to clients and other external organisations at all times * Seeks out opportunities to provide a more efficient and proactive service to fee earners
* Working practices and Executive Assistant allocations within the team will change from time to time and the successful candidate should have an open and flexible attitude to change and a willingness to train within the practice area and other legal teams.
What's on Offer
An excellent salary and benefits