Legal Advisor (Housing)
Want to work in house?
Housing Litigation expereince and want to take the next step?
About Our Client
My client is a charity responsible for the management and maintenance services for around 1,800 residential, commercial and community facilities in South West London. As a resident-led organisation, my client is seeking a Legal Services Advisor (Housing) to provide high quality in-house support and advice. With a turnover of £7.7m, and rising, we have ambitious plans. In excess of £120milllion of inward investment over the last 10 years, we aim to build a bright future for our residents. They are the reason we do what we do, and we want a like-minded visionary to join us on this journey.
- Representing my client in court, ensuring legal risks are identified in processes and procedures at an early stage.
- Conducting disrepair Housing Management cases from start to end seeking to achieve optimum outcomes for the landlord/managing agent.
- Meet income, open cases, work in progress, and other budgetary targets set by the Senior Leadership Team ("SLT").
- Support operational managers and SLT to ensure legal risks are identified in processes and procedures at an early stage.
- Calculate claims for damages, compensation, maintenance prior to sign off by the SLT.
- Provide training to repairs and maintenance staff on topical issues related to Disrepair
- Provide information, coaching, training and updates to housing staff and managers to include issues of law, best practice and procedure.
- Provide information to external agencies to promote the service as required.
- Act as Strategic Business partner.
The Successful Applicant
To be successful in this role you will have excellent drafting skills, great organisational and project management skills, and the ability to meet deadlines. You'll have strong negotiation and interpersonal skills, a confident, respectful manner and collaborative working style. As the role involves significant unsupervised working while part of a team, it will require demonstrable resilience. Intellectual curiosity and the necessary experience to support our work with a range of customers and stakeholders and experience in the public sector housing sphere.
What's on Offer
- Competitive pay rates
- A defined contribution Pensions Scheme (including life cover)
- Competitive annual leave entitlement
- Interest-free season ticket loan
- Employee assistance programme
- Excellent learning & development opportunities
- Staff discount scheme
- A modern office and facilities