- Chance to work for a well established company
- Multiple roles, exceptional training and career progression!
About Our Client
My client is a global organisation based in Darwen looking for a Kiln Burner to join their team
- To ensure that all sinks are dried correctly through the timely starting of dryers, emptying and loading sinks into dryer and counting stock in dryers.
- Levelling and straightening sinks every hour to ensure they do not twist.
- Cleaning sinks prior to firing.
- Lighting kilns in accordance with the correct procedure
- Loading and unloading kilns in accordance with the correct procedure
- Packing sinks as and when required (Weekend duty)
- Casting and pushing down sinks as and when required (mainly Sunday duty)
- Carry out hourly checks on kilns and dryers and recording results.
- Regular testing and adjustment of casting slip to ensure slip specification is maintained.
- Ensuring that all instructions are carried out on each shift.
- Report any faults that occur on each shift.
- Ensuring that good housekeeping standards are met at all times, through regular cleaning.
- To make an hourly call to external security in line with the Check Call Procedure.
- To work in a safe manner at all times, ensuring that all health and safety procedures are adhered to.
The Successful Applicant
- Ability to accurately record data
- Ability to address any issues promptly
- A positive attitude and ability to use initiative in daily duties
- A willingness to assist other departments as and when necessary
- A basic understanding of Health & Safety in the workplace
- A willingness to carry out lone working
What's on Offer
- Shift patterns:
Week 1 - Mon - Thu 10:00pm - 7:00am, Fri & Sat 10:00pm - 10:00am, Off Sun (60 hours)
Week 2 - Off Mon - Thu, Fri 12:00noon - 10:00pm, Sat & Sun 10:00am - 10:00pm (34 hours)
Week 3 - Mon - Thu 2:00pm - 10:00pm, Off Fri, Sat & Sun (32 hours)
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays
- Annual Incentive Plan (AIP) Bonus 2% (this % is dependent on role, but tends to be 2% for the manufacturing roles)
- Company Pension 5% employee 3% employer
- Death in Service Benefit payable at 1x salary
- High 5 recognition scheme
- Ride to Work Scheme (after probationary period)
- Onsite Parking