- Permanent Operations role within a growing asset manager in the City
- Incredible support, development and progression opportunities
About Our Client
The financial services client based in the heart of the City is a boutique asset manager with incredible opportunities to progress and grow given the supportive and collaborative culture they've created.
The key duties the Junior Fund Analyst will have to carry out are as follows:
- The role is for a Fund and Risk analyst with associated investment administration functions.
- The role will support the investment managers in providing global fund research across ALL capital markets, creating bespoke research tools specific to the clients portfolios as well as maintaining and developing risk systems for robust analysis and reporting.
- The role will also involve interviewing fund managers and investment teams of existing and new funds and compiling investment reports on these meetings.
- The role will involve close interaction with the managers on their portfolios. Conversations with the portfolio managers around portfolio optimisation from both a risk and investment perspective will remain front and centre of the candidates day to day role.
- Finally, the candidate will be working with the execution teams on assisting with daily executions across our portfolios which will require an IMC certificate or higher.
The Successful Applicant
The pre-requisites for the Junior Fund Analyst are as follows:
- Ideal candidate will have a university education within economics and / or a degree relating to financial and capital markets.
- Previous experience in fund of fund management is ideal
- Ideal candidates should have very competent excel skills and ideally coding experience. Candidates who already have their IMC are preferable but this is not a deal breaker.
- From a personality stance we are looking for a candidate who wants responsibility from the outset and is willing to work hard within their role achieve their goals.
- Candidates will often call on entrepreneurial techniques and problem solving skills to not only supply the pre requisite fund research and risk reporting functions but also continually improve and develop the quality of work they deliver at the firm.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary (£28,000-£38,000) depending on experience and performance during the interview process
Full benefits package, bonus and study support
Offices in the City of London (5 minute walk from Moorgate and Bank)
Progression into portfolio management within 2-3 years