Junior Assistant - Accounts
Working with an established International Law Firm Company
Great experience to have on your CV.
About Our Client
This is the second largest office of the Firm, known for English Law advice and European cross-border /continental transactions.
The key responsibilities include:
- Handles multi-layer invoices (including foreign transactions), coding, input and approval verification.
- Reviews invoices for accuracy and completeness.
- Issues petty cash and travel advances.
- Inputs postage costs.
- Inputs petty cash, travel vouchers and invoices for the London and European offices.
- Processes (audit/coding) express and manual cheques.
- Reviews and follow-up on vendor statements.
- Point of contact for staff inquiries.
- Liaises with internal support departments and the Firm's global offices, as necessary.
- Liaises externally with vendors to proactively resolve disputes and payments issues.
- Checks and processes London conference call invoice.
- Processes client billing entries (disbursements).
- Performs taxi analysis for end of year PSA for HMRC.
- Reviews excel charts for various analysis.
- Reconciles petty cash.
- Performs basic clerical duties associated with accounts payable such as but not limited to scanning, filing, bank runs / paying in, responding to both verbal and written inquires, as well as special projects, as requested.
- In addition, responsibilities related to maintaining firm and client information are to be adhered to by all employees. This includes complying with the firm's information security policies, protecting firm assets from unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference, and reporting security events or potential events or other security risks to management.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have...
- Confident with numbers.
- Analytical and detail-orientated.
- A flexible approach to tasks and hours of duty, including overtime.
- Self-motivated and persistent in ensuring tasks are efficiently and effectively completed.
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact constructively with all levels of staff.
- Good time management and organisational skills.
- Strong team player.
- Is punctual, professional and reliable.
- Possesses basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications.
- Minimum A level of education required.
What's on Offer
On offer to the candidate is:
- Salary up to 22,000
- Working for an established company