International Management Accountant
Do You have international accountacy experience in charities?
Looking to work in an organisation that makes a difference across the world?
About Our Client
The client is a faith-based international development organisation that provides support to communities around the world affected by disasters, conflict or endemic poverty without regard to their social, religious, or ethnic background.
- Create and maintain systems and processes which meet the highest standard of compliance for institutional donors, regulators and internal requirements.
- Provides added-value support to the Country Office and HQ Programme teams.
- Provides quality and insightful management information to the organisation regarding all Programme activities.
- Guide, train and build capacity at the Country Offices.
- Create systems which flags issues and variances to stakeholders.
Programme Finance Support
- To provide financial guidance and advice to members of the Programmes department through analysis and interpretation of results and forecasts.
- To maintain the integrity of the financial information in the Muslim Aid (MA) finance system for the countries by ensuring entries are correct.
- To manage the financial processing relating to MA field offices, giving guidance on systems, ensuring controls are in place, ensuring the Field Office Finance Manual is up-to-date and being adhered to and reviewing banking arrangements.
- To review and process MA grant agreements, grant transfers and international payment requests for the allocated region and raising queries where necessary whilst ensuring funds are sent within appropriate time frames.
- To set the framework for MA's year end and external audit process as required through conducting fund reconciliations, identifying any payable and receivables and giving guidance on auditor selection.
- To provide financial information for emergency appeals in the allocated region and attend ETF meetings as required.
- To coordinate with Regional Programme Managers to ensure the efficient tracking of all MA funded grants and resolve any financial queries.
- To monitor and track MA funded payments on grant management system and ensure programme management costs are allocated accordingly
- To create a reporting mechanism, including monthly, quarterly and ad hoc reports from field office for review and analysis on a project by project basis
- To produce the consolidated monthly programme expenditure report for the allocated region.
- To be the finance lead and for the region through planning, budgeting and forecasting.
- To analyse, interpret and report on the regions consolidated budgets and forecasts, assessing the implications and recommending possible courses of action to the Regional Manager.
- To lead and support the region's approach to planning, budgeting and forecasting.
- To ensure all records are maintained & stored accordingly
- To provide administrative in house support for Finance workshops.
The Successful Applicant
The successfully candidate must have:
- International Donor relations experience
- International accounting experience
- Charity experience
- Management accounts experience 4-5 years
- self starter
- work well in a team and alone
- happy to travel
- Working towards CIMA or ACCA Qualification
- interested in organisation of this kind
What's on Offer
Competitive package with travel and benefits