Hyperion Systems Accountant
Leading global company recruitng Hyperion Systems Accountant
Based in Milton Keynes with excellent facilities and market leading package
About Our Client
This Milton Keynes based market leading business have links to a variety of industries including engineering and technology. They have won numerous accolades for being an employer of choice and live by their company values to assist them in continuing their high organic growth business model. With a clear business plan for the next 10 years this business is keen to hire individuals looking to progress up in the business long term through this Hyperion Systems Accountant
Key Accountabilities & Duties
- To capture and deliver business requirements from the wider finance community across a variety of team, including Route Finance Teams, IP Finance Teams, Asset Management,
- Corporate Service Functions, their business partners and any other areas of the organisation that wish to utilise the Business Planning Process
- Administration and configuration of technical changes to the company-wide Hyperion platform using recognised accounting and business planning process standards
- Development design to accommodate quality issues that are not resolved in source systems, suggestion of improvements to data owners to increase the value of reported information and maintaining coding structures in line with defined business processes, e.g. ensuring that the Oracle General Ledger and Hyperion Cost Centre structures are aligned.
- Problem solving inaccuracies in the data model that prohibit the timely update of the financial information either via consultancy to production support teams
- To work within agreed development and support standards and processes, supporting the business capability and technology roadmaps set by Information Systems Strategy. Ensuring Service Management principles are followed for the management of the corporate information model (e.g. ITIL standards for the recording of incidents, problems, requests and changes).
- Recommendations and delivery of appropriate housekeeping jobs and scripts to keep existing business planning processes running within expected timeframes (e.g. adhering to service level agreements for availability)
- Monitor system activity and usage tracking to deliver recommendations to increase performance of data entry forms and reports (e.g. speed of response) or additional capability or information to increase user adoption. Perform Deployments, aggregations, integrations etc. in line with the business process.
- Provide Business Support to the Business Planning team, and the Hyperion end user community.
- Develop training content, and provide end user Hyperion & Smart view training to the end User community
- Provide timely communications on behalf of the Hyperion business support team to the Hyperion user community and stakeholders regarding outages, data loads etc.
The Successful Applicant
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- worked in a similar Hyperion Systems Accountant
- Subject matter expert in Financial Planning Processes and Financial reporting standards, gained through relevant study of financial qualifications as CIMA or ACCA (PART QUALIFIED OR FINALIST STAGE OR QBE)
- Excellent analytical skills. Recognised methodology for Problem solving and root cause analysis
- Ability to interface with technical and business communities at strategic and detail level.
- Subject matter expert in Oracle Hyperion Administration - System configuration, security modelling, user profiling, business model updates, Financial reporting, Smart View (Oracle Hyperion Planning 11 Certified Implementation Specialist Certification).
- Demonstrable experience of MS Office Applications including Advanced Excel Skills
- Demonstrated experience of finance processes
- ITIL Service Management qualification (Foundation)
- Knowledge of Oracle eBusiness or similar ERP system
- Knowledge of OBIEE or similar BI tool
- Experience of Agile Development methodology
What's on Offer
Highly competitive holiday allowance and market leading package to include bonus and great progression prospects