Exciting opportunity with a Leading Social Housing Association in Berkshire
Permanent Opportunity in Bracknell
About Our Client
Silva Homes is a vibrant, confident and independent leading social housing association with ambitious plans, backed by strong finances and excellent colleagues. Established in 2008 as a stock transfer association, Silva Homes have added 800 homes to their property portfolio, and are continuing to significantly invest in and improve, their homes and services to customers.
- You will be visible and approachable, understand local issues, work collaboratively, and be the trusted face of organisational accountability for the quality of homes and services we provide.
- You will provide a wide range of tenancy services (including tenancy compliance and fraud; lettings, transfers and exchanges; anti-social behaviour) in your patch of circa 900 homes.
- You will ensure that in your work there is a clear focus on tackling non-compliance (including taking enforcement action including attending court proceedings) as well as supporting customers who need help to avoid tenancy failure.
- You will build positive open and trusted relationships with elected members, residents' groups, local authority departments, the police and other key partners operating in your patch particularly on issues that require a multi-agency approach to resolution.
- You will build relationships with new customers in your patch, including accompanied viewings and handovers; ensuring that all customers are aware of their contractual obligations and are supported in accessing their account and managing their tenancy transactions online.
- You will work to identify those customers at high risk of tenancy failure, prioritising support and where required procuring specialist advice and action through the tenancy support coordinator and money adviser services.
- You will work closely with the customer relations (access & support) team to deliver a streamlined onboarding of new customers including coordinating the availability and suitability of empty homes in the area.
- You will work collaboratively with the customer relations (independent living) team especially with scheme managers on your patch in relation to tenancy management issues in schemes.
- You will work collaboratively with the designated customer relations partner (rent) for your patch to support them in ensuring compliance, including carrying out visits in the field.
- You will work collaboratively with all customer relations teams, particularly those in the environment division, to ensure a coordinated and accountable local service response and customer experience.
- You will play a key role on customer relationship management in relation to asset related services, including taking an active part in any major investment, regeneration or development projects, on your patch.
- You will support the development of the knowledge bank and scripts to ensure an effective and responsive service for customers.
- You will ensure that you are fully aware of your safeguarding responsibilities and act as a focal point for internal and external communication and action on your patch including the attendance at case conferences.
- You will operate in line with key policies and procedures particularly those relating to health and safety and data protection.
- You will ensure performance and compliance against agreed standards, measures and targets.
- You will look at ways to improve the customer experience and you will be open to new ideas and innovations.
- You will positively support activities that help promote our new culture and behaviours.
The Successful Applicant
- Very high customer service ethic
- Understands the needs and service requirements of customers and communities
- Good understanding of the application of relevant tenancy law and sanctions available to us a landlord
- Good inter-personal skills
- Ability to build excellent internal and external relationships
- Works with high levels of integrity, confidentiality and respect
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good IT skills and understanding of how digital services can help improve the customer experience
- Well organised, self-disciplined
- Flexible and willing to adapt to change
- Open to working remotely and being visible on estates
- Willing to work out of hours in response to emergency situations
Qualifications and other requirements
- Experience of working in a housing related discipline is essential
- Part qualified or actively working towards a relevant profession qualification (e.g. CIH) desirable
- Driving license and vehicle
What's on Offer
Silva provide a wide range of benefits that help them invest in colleagues and their aspirations, to support them to work in the way they want and that makes sure Silva recognise, reward and look after everyone. They are also constantly reviewing this and looking at ways to improve our offer.
Investing in you
- A strong established pension scheme with employer contributions up to 12%
- Support to gain new skills to be at your best
- Investment in qualifications that will help you to develop in your role
- Payment of professional fees and subscriptions
- Uniforms, tools and vehicles for accredited people in trades and supportive housing areas
- Digital devices to help you work where you need to, because we know work and life extends beyond the office
- Free office parking
- Paid volunteering opportunities
- A competitive market salary
- Recognition awards
Looking after you
- A generous leave entitlement
- A rewarding buy and sell leave scheme
- A comprehensive employee assistance programme to provide confidential advice when you need it
- Flu jab vouchers
- Eye care and spectacle vouchers
- Access to various health and wellbeing activities
- Discounted gym membership option
- Health cash back plan option