Housing Officer opportunity with a forward thinking Local Authority
Competitive hourly rate and an immediate start!
About Our Client
A forward thinking Local Authority looking to welcome an experienced Housing Officer into their Tenancy Management Team.
The key responsibilities:
- Working in close liaison with all customers of the housing service as well as colleagues in their teams and across all Council services and external partners and agencies.
- Carry out an annual program of Tenancy Audits, (including Right To Buy audits and priority transfers.
- Undertake investigations including carrying out credit checks, taking appropriate actions in relation to Tenancy Fraud such as subletting and abandonment, ensuring compliance with current legislation and the tenancy agreement.
- Carry out investigations in line with policy and procedure for low level Anti-social Behaviour ensuring that all cases are recorded and monitored. Referring cases to the ASB team where court action is deemed necessary.
- Advise Tenants and Leaseholders on methods of paying rent or service charges, access to support on debt management, welfare rights.
- Deal with safeguarding issues relating to vulnerable adults and children, provide support and advice and ensure referrals are made to the appropriate agencies.
- Carry out programmed and other home visits to tenants, particularly those deemed to be vulnerable.
- Investigate all complaints, providing information as necessary to Team Leaders and Managers.
- Prepare and present accurate reports to the Senior Officers Housing Needs Panel for complex cases that fall outside of the Allocations Policy for housing.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate:
Experience in the Housing Sector and Tenancy Management
Confident, effective communicators with a customer focus and, engaging.
Able to manage sensitive and complex issues, delivering an excellent housing services in a flexible, tailored and responsive way.
Ability to communicate effectively both face-to-face, in writing and via the telephone. Excellent communication skills both written and orally.
Ability to meet targets, deadlines and service standards.
Ability to manage own workload and plan and prioritise to meet agreed targets.
To have knowledge of current legislation, good practice and other guidelines, relating to housing and tenancy management.
What's on Offer
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Housing Officer with a forward thinking Local Authority in their busy Stevenage office. This temporary contract will be a Monday - Friday working week, paying a competitive hourly rate of £15.00 - £16.00.