Excellent Opportunity with leading Housing Charity
12 Month FTC with perm opportunity
About Our Client
A small but reputable Housing Association based Central London. They have housing stock in 6 London Boroughs which is a mix of general needs and assisted living.
The duties of the role will include but are not limited to;
- Provide a highly visible and proactive housing management service for a dispersed patch of sheltered schemes and other properties, the majority for local people in need and over 55 years of age.
- Support the Head of Housing with the development and implementation of effective housing policies and procedures.
- Liaise with other teams and external agencies as appropriate to ensure the efficient running of the organisation.
- Provide advice, support and assistance for residents in order to sustain their licence/tenancy, including referrals to appropriate agencies, regarding care, welfare benefit entitlement, welfare reform changes and debt counselling.
- Involve and consult widely with residents on all issues affecting services or their homes and schemes, ensuring they have direct influence over the type, quality and cost of services provided. This will include actively promoting and supporting resident engagement opportunities, regular scheme visits, estate inspections, meetings and surveys.
- Formally review all Assured Shorthold Tenancies at periodic intervals to insure that the Charity receives the correct income
- Assist in the setting of annual service charges, ensuring that services meet residents requirements and adhere to the Charity's commitment to offer value for money.
- Achieve key performance targets for rent arrears, voids and lettings.
- Re-let empty properties in line with Charity's policy, minimising void, rent loss and by matching suitable applicants to vacancies. This will include seeking nominations, advertising and promoting vacancies, undertaking home visits and sign-ups.
- Prepare possession applications for court hearings and attend court in support of any legal action being taken.
- Ensure internal and external communal areas at schemes are maintained to a satisfactory standard and meet resident expectations. This will include undertaking monthly estate inspections, supervising the work of gardening and cleaning contractors and taking effective action when issues arise.
- Raise new repair job orders onto the repairs system
- Whilst out on sites and in residents homes , identify issues requiring contractor call-backs or new repairs and promptly raise reactive repairs or report more complex maintenance issues
- Responsible for bringing to the attention of the Chief Executive and/ or Chair of the Trustees any matters relating to the Charity that might otherwise be overlooked.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have;
- Knowledge/experience of working in the social housing sector
- Knowledge of the working practices of housing associations and other RSL's
- Knowledge/experience of the SDM Housing System (desirable), Microsoft Office and Outlook (essential)
- Knowledge and experience of housing management, including arrears, lettings property maintenance
- Understanding of the law in terms of evictions in differing tenures
- Knowledge and experience of managing a mixed tenure housing â€~patchâ€™
- Knowledge and experience of managing leasehold properties
- Experience of promoting and supporting resident engagement
- An instinctive and practical understanding of what constitutes excellent customer care, how it can be measured and improved and a commitment to delivering it
- Excellent Communicative skills
- CAR DRIVER/OWNER ESSENTIAL
What's on Offer
An rare and exciting opportunity has arisen for a Housing Officer to join a Leading London Housing Charity on an initial 12 month basis, with option to extend thereafter. The successful candidate will enjoy a multi site, dynamic role, covering the housing stock in various London Boroughs. The candidate will receive an annual salary of £30,000 to £32,000 dependant on experience, plus a car allowance.
Please do apply now as to not miss out.