- A Paralegal role has arisen with a global payments and crypto start up
- This role is London based with option to qualify in-house
About Our Client
My client is a London (HQ) based and internationally operating group in financial/payments & digital assets sectors, currently in the process of launching several major projects.
The current licensed entities of the group include; a fully regulated E-money Institution (EMI) and a fully licensed Crypto Exchange (VAF Cat.4) in Malta, with passporting-out rights in the EEA states as well.
The launch of e-money/payments and crypto businesses are at a nascent stage and they are developing and implementing the organizational and operational requirements for them to go live very soon.
- Completing all legal admininistrative and documentation management support tasks
- Preparing first drafts of various legal documentation, according to instructions by senior colleagues;
- Assisting with negiotations, reviewing and drafting wide range of commercial contracts;
- Assisting with legal-regulatory matters, including maintaining and filing company records, board meetings minutes, shareholders resolutions, Board of directors changes, annual reports etc.
- Providing guidance to all colleagues on issues affecting the business, e.g. commercial contracts, corporate governance and general legal matters
- Processing and reviewing various documentation, and conducting legal research;
- Attending meetings/hearings, taking attendance notes, writing reports and letters;
- Providing courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service at all times;
- Being fully conversant with all services and facilities offered by the business;
- Filing, scanning , proof-reading and other ad-hoc tasks.
- Coordinating and obtaining Board and Committees' signatures for various documents
- Creating documents related to new corporate entity formations and/or a change of entity structures
- Assisting with various corporate documentation filings with the relevant authorities, such as UK Comopanies House etc.
- Preparing documents related to the development and implementation of corporate policies and templates
- Providing administrative support for documents and activities related to corporate restructurings, such as mergers, [re]formations and dissolutions.
The Successful Applicant
- A law degree or equivalent (GDL, LPC);
- At least two years experience with a City law firm and/or relevant in-house legal/paralegal experience;
- Experience working in a diverse, multicultural environment is considered an asset;
- At least two years experience in commercial and/or corporate legal practice, is a strong advantage.
- Ability to take initiative, solve problems, and make decisions within the job scope;
- Have an excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; (other languages are advantage)
- A pro-active and self-motivated attitude;
- Highly organized, punctual and efficient;
- Highly developed minute-taking skills and ability to develop appropriate action logs;
- Understanding and experience of a fast moving workplace environment;
- Strong attention to details and high levels of accuracy;
- Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task without supervision;
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a positive team environment;
- Confident and analytical, with a practical solution finding mindset.
What's on Offer
Progession via the SQE route