- Are you a Corporate Commercial Paralegal looking to build your career in-house?
- Exciting, varied role offering wide-ranging exposure across business departments
About Our Client
My client is an established UK real-estate investment manager with assets under management of
£2.7bn; they are the UK's second largest residential freeholder.
The business has three key investment programmes, backed by global insurance, pension schemes and UK academic endowments, with a key focus on Build to Rent ("BTR") investments.
Since 2013 they have invested in over 2,000 apartments in the UK representing over £700mn of BTR assets. The business has significant capital commitment with a drive to having 5,000 units under management in the next 3 years.
* Assist the general counsel with company secretarial support.
* Assist the legal department with:
o Maintaining legal directories and filing of legal contracts.
o Coordinating Board and Committee meetings.
o Reviewing and negotiating engagement letters.
o Preparing and negotiating non-disclosure agreements.
o Commercial and residential property due diligence.
o Fund structuring (on and offshore) and on-going fund maintenance (working closely with Fund Administrators)
o Investor / bank reporting.
o Managing regulatory requirements / filings.
o Preparing potential investor due diligence questionnaires / prospectuses.
o Bank facilities - in particular overseeing conditions precedent / conditions subsequent
o Management of external legal counsel and dealing with general corporate matters.
o General administrative support across the legal department and wider organisation (where appropriate)
This is not an exhaustive list of the duties that may be required of the post holder. Duties may be changed, after discussions, to suit the operational requirements of the business.
The Successful Applicant
- Completed a law degree or equivalent (or Graduate Diploma in Law) & Legal Practice Course to a good standard.
* Willing to assist with general administrative tasks as well as supporting on complex legal transactions.
* Adaptable and flexible.
* Capable of working under pressure.
* Professional with good client skills.
* Excellent attention to detail, delivering work to a high standard of accuracy.
* Hard working, reliable and enthusiastic.
* Highly organised, reliable, efficient, and proactive with a positive can-do attitude.
* The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines or time frames without compromising the quality of work.
* Able to communicate effectively and clearly in writing and verbally, including drafting correspondences and documents.
* Ability to work in a varied and demanding role.
* Self-Starter, with ability to work independently and take responsibility /ownership.
* Ability to exercise discretion and judgement when handling sensitive or confidential information.
* Experience of general office procedures and good practice, proactive and pragmatic approach with excellent team working ethos.
* Ability to prioritise, be flexible, adaptable, and approachable with a willingness to learn and take on new responsibilities.
* Good problem-solving capabilities.
* Personality to be suited to work within a small company and ability to work independently.
* Excellent IT skills, Sage Line 50, Excel, Word.
What's on Offer
Hybrid working arrangement (c. 2 days from home, 3 days in the office)
Excellent OTE and bonus potential