Health and Safety Administrator
Fantastic opportunity for a passionate H&S Administrator in Bristol
Working on a range of Construction Projects, CDM knowledge is required.
About Our Client
Our Client are a Construction business based in Bristol looking to hire a talented and passionate Health and Safety Advisor.
The Health and Safety Administrator in Bristol:
- Investigating health-related complaints and cases of ill health
- Carrying out risk assessments and site inspections
- Ensuring that equipment is installed correctly and safely
- Identifying potential hazards
- Determining ways of reducing risks
- Compiling statistics and writing reports
- Running health and safety meetings and training courses for employees
- Liaising with external health and safety authorities
- Keeping up to date and ensuring compliance with current health and safety legislation
In addition, work is mostly spending time in other working premises, such as construction sites, and minimum time in the office for essential paperwork.
Some activities may involve working at heights, in cramped, noisy, dirty or dangerous places and conditions, though this is not the typical work environment.
You will need to wear protective clothing when visiting workplaces.
Travel is common for those with multi-site responsibility.
The Successful Applicant
The Successful Health and Safety Administrator will be calm, patient and assertive, with excellent communication skills, as you'll explain the law to people who aren't familiar with it.
Other essential qualities and skills include:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- IT literate
- Committed to further study
- An eye for detail
- Good interpersonal skills and a willingness to work with people at all levels of an organisation.
- An interest in the law and the ability to understand regulations
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in order to explain health and safety processes to a range of people and to give presentations
- Negotiating skills to convince individuals of the need to implement and maintain safety standards that may compromise speed or efficiency in the organisation
- Patience and diplomacy because the profession requires a collaborative approach
- The ability to understand and analyse complex information and present it simply and accurately
- A flexible approach to work
- A driving licence - essential for jobs involving travel between sites.
A background, or experience in, any of the following areas may be useful:
- Building and Construction
- Risk assessment
Other Health and Safety qualifications such as NEBOSH and NCRQ would be desirable
What's on Offer
Annual salary of £20,000 - £25,000 with some flexibility
28 days annual leave
All expenses paid
Great opportunity for progression
Fantastic working environment with a growing Construction business covering the UK and work on a wide range of interesting commercial refits and refurbishment projects.