Head of Logistics
Senior Leadership opportunity based in the Midlands
An opportunity to drive real change within warehousing and distribution
About Our Client
My client are a leading specialist distribution business based in the Midlands. They have a network of 8 x sites across the country operating a fleet of up to 300 x vehicles.
The business have experienced significant growth through lock down and would like to bring a senior leader in to modernise the operation from a process, systems and people perspective.
The Head of Logistics will be responsible for the following:
- To provide leadership, management and commercial direction for a fast paced distribution operation.
- Leading the management team responsible for the delivery of service to the client and the strategic, commercial and operational development
- To manage and report on overall P&L performance of the logistics service
- To manage and report full P&L delivery for the site on a monthly basis (in line with set budgets)
- To report monthly performance in line with key financial dates including (sales by client, staff spend, packaging spend, haulage spend, other).
- To drive and ensure delivery of agreed savings targets, ensuring that performance against agreed levels are continually measured, delivered and reported in an accurate and timely way.
- Senior escalation level for all issues relating to logistics/warehousing and fulfilment activities.
- To be the main client facing lead for existing clients using logistics services.
- To support New Business Development and act as the lead contact in New Business client meetings.
- Able to attend face to face meetings either with the Account Teams or in isolation to promote and front up logistics services either with existing clients or New Business clients.
- To ensure that corrective actions are taken in instances where agreed savings and/or service levels are not being achieved
- To ensure that strategies are put in place to continually uncover areas where performance can be improved across the site.
- To oversee and report on all H&S and site maintenance.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have the following experience:
- A strong track record in a logistics and distribution preferably in Retail, FMCG, E-Commerce
- Experience of working in a senior leadership role responsible for warehousing and transport operations
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Experience of ensuring compliance with H&S and ISO.
- Experience operating in a client facing environment with some Client Management or Client Development experience.
- Self-motivated, disciplined and organised in approach.
- Takes responsibility for own actions and leads by example.
- Are of impact of own behaviour on others and responds appropriately to achieve results.
- Conveys information and ideas concisely and accurately, orally and in writing.
- Sets high standards of performance for own self.
- Proactive and committed to developing own knowledge and skills.
- Works flexibly - capable of effectively using a full range of skills within the team.
- Good working knowledge on a wide range of Microsoft products including Excel & Word.
- Responds positively to new situations and challenges.
What's on Offer
£70,000 - £75,000 + benefits.