Kingston upon Thames
Excellent work opportunity.
About Our Client
Leading nationwide student accommodation provider.
- Works as part of a team, supporting and respecting other team members, to deliver exceptional resident living.
- Communicate effectively with customers, clients and colleagues; demonstrating a clear understanding of the issue and using initiative to respond accordingly
- Monitor the electronic maintenance reporting system daily ensuring tasks are completed to a high standard and within suitable time scales, corresponding with tenants when required.
- Administer all property maintenance & records in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Undertake repair and maintenance tasks to a high quality including plumbing; joinery and carpentry; painting/decorating; maintenance of lighting and required statutory testing
- Understand and respond to health and safety matters in an appropriate & timely manner
- Move furniture and heavy items from location to location on site as required
- Highlight and assist with the management of any community works.
- Ensure the gardens and grounds maintenance to the property are well maintained, clean, tidy and hazard free, supervising external contractors as required
- Carry out annual PAT testing and inspections of emergency lighting, weekly fire alarm tests and fire evacuations.
- Look to maximise efficiency of utilities.
The Successful Applicant
- Experience of undertaking repairs and maintenance in a domestic residential environment or as a general builder /residential construction in the following trades; plumber, electrician or carpenter.
- Compliance with all operating systems, policies & procedures.
- Helpful, friendly personality with effective communication skills
- Behave in a professional, courteous and helpful manner towards colleagues and residents at all times
- Adopt a team work approach
- A flexible approach to work
- Positive attitude and ability to work with little supervision
- In date DBS
What's on Offer
Long term temp contract.