Global Payroll Manager
Global Payroll Manager
Growing global manufacturing business
About Our Client
Alexander Dennis Limited (ADL) is one of the world's leading bus and coach builders with a history and heritage of design, engineering and manufacturing excellence that spans more than a century with offices in UK, USA, Canada, Mexico, Europe, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia and New Zealand. As a pioneer in embracing the latest technology, ADL has brought the widest range of low and zero emission buses to market. The group is now recognised as the leading bus and coach manufacturer in the UK and one of the fastest growing bus and coach builders in Western Europe.
We employ circa 2,600 people worldwide and have more than tripled our revenue in the last 10 years, with an increasing proportion resulting from our expanding international footprint. This growth is attributable to our clear strategic focus - delivering lightweight, fuel efficient vehicles with industry-leading reliability, lowest cost of ownership and world class aftermarket support.
We have an outstanding reputation for delivering the best in class service across the globe; this role provides an excellent opportunity for a proven individual, who is looking to further their own personal development in an environment that enables individuals to grow, offering career opportunities and challenges that are different from any other business.
This is a vital role to the business, with responsibility for identifying and drive harmonisation, standardisation and improvements globally.
This role is being advertised on behalf of Alexander Dennis collaborating with Page Personnel Finance, who will be responsible for all third party application management, which will be forwarded to Alexander Dennis on their behalf. Please use the link below to submit your applications.
The company has recently announced a move to a Global Regionalised Reporting Structure, and one of the next steps is to bring all the current payroll processes that exist in all the countries where the business has a presence, into the Finance Shared Service Centre in Skelmersdale. As well as managing the current UK team of three, a key deliverable for the role holder is to work with the Head of Finance Improvements & Shared Services to focus on customer satisfaction and building collaborative business relationships, and managing process improvement projects.
The role holder for the Global Payroll Manager will be responsible for all payroll activities, systems, policies and processes for the ADL group and to lead the team to ensure all activities are managed within the agreed service levels and framework of procedures to achieve agreed objectives, KPIs and legislative requirements, as well as upskilling and developing the team.
Key projects will cover the transitioning of the current payroll system into a global payroll management function, recognising efficiencies and executing the required improvements. This will include the identification of a suitable system and then managing the implementation project. Countries covered include Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Canada, US, Mexico and Ireland.
This is a hands on role where you will be accountable for 2600 employees across several systems and the task of working with the HR team to plan the potential rationalisation of terms and conditions across the board.
Due to the long term nature of the role this is a permanent position being offered.
Responsibilities for the Global Payroll Manager are to:
- Work collaboratively with external agents and internal colleagues to drive the global payroll improvements agenda to deliver rationalisation and standardisation
- Review existing global payroll/business processes and related systems to Identify improvement opportunities and implement to maximise process efficiency via increased standardisation and automation of transactions and journal processing
- Review, development, standardisation and automation of global internal and external reporting to ensure full visibility and reporting capability for all global employees
- Deliver key projects on time and within budget
- Leadership of the UK payroll team including - development, monitoring and evaluation of appropriate performance measures by way of team objectives, KPI's and 121's.
- Ensure team are multi skilled with no single points of failure, ensuring adequate cover for holidays, absences and adhering to site shutdown periods for holidays
- Ensure global activities are carried out across all payrolls in accordance with legal requirements, to service level agreements, including all related payments, journal processing , tax year end processing and reporting etc
- Work with external agents/advisors and internal colleagues to ensure ongoing compliance to current legislation requirements
- Together with the head of Tax, Treasury and Compliance deal with external agencies such as as HMRC
- Control of starters/leavers, employee changes process, including efficient allocation of relevant general ledger information and updates to all relevant systems
- Responsible for the Employee Portal end to end process.
- Ensure security for payroll and related systems and compliance to data protection regulations
- Work with relevant finance colleagues to support clean balance sheet reconciliations for payroll related overheads across the ADL Group within month end deadlines.
- Support the Head of Finance Improvements and Shared Services to develop a positive constructive culture that encourages continuous improvement and staff development within their team and the FSSC
- Develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships with all stakeholders/customers.
- Any other related activities/project work as required by the business
The Successful Applicant
- CIPP qualified (Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals) or currently working towards - Essential
- Prince 2 or equivalent - Desirable
- Qualified accountant (or willingness to work towards) - Desirable
Skills & Knowledge
- Minimum three years' experience in a similar role, managing in house and external providers, conversant with current payroll legislation and pensions
- Proven experience of identifying, developing & implementing payroll systems/process, reporting improvements and delivery of projects to time and budget
- Deep understanding of the necessity for accurate payroll reporting for the group, HMRC and other tax authorities
- Excellent knowledge/experience in management of global payroll process/procedures (and related financial activities) and experience in managing overseas payroll providers/agents
- Proven ability to lead, motivate and develop a team, plan and effectively deploy resources to maximise utilisation
- Experience of developing and implementing service level agreements
- Ability to create detailed payroll, financial and operational reports via different mediums and manipulate data etc.
- Excellent and full range of Microsoft skills, in particular advanced excel
- Excellent communication, negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels via different mediums, with a professional and respectful approach
- Self-motivated and proactive with a positive and can do attitude
- Payroll and HR Shared Service Centre implementation experience is desirable
- Ability to travel independently
What's on Offer
As Global Payroll Manager you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package dependant on experience.