An exciting opportunity with a Leading Social Housing
Are you looking for an opportunity to develop and expand your skill set?
About Our Client
Silva Homes is a vibrant, confident and independent award winning housing association with ambitious plans, backed by strong finances and excellent colleagues. Established in 2008 as a stock transfer association, Silva Homes have added 800 homes to their property portfolio, and are continuing to significantly invest in and improve, their homes and services to customers.
Silva Homes have around 220 employees providing services to 7,500 homes.
The key responsibilities:
- You will be providing a high-quality gas and plumbing service in the repairs and servicing team.
- You will be undertaking works as instructed within all buildings owned or maintained by Silva Homes to the competent standard for gas and plumbing as defined by trade competences, City & Guilds, NVQ and ACS certification and Gas Safe registration along with current legislation.
- You will participate in the repairs and servicing out of hours emergency call out team, either on a regular basis or on a rota system.
- You will be available and responsible should the need arise for emergency calls or to cover sickness absence on an ad-hoc basis, completing and submitting the associated paperwork at the beginning of the next working day so that follow up action can be taken as appropriate
- You will complete all paperwork accurately and in a timely manner, complete all follow-on works documentation and submit daily for assessment and planning. Notifying the appropriate person of any specialist works or parts that need to be ordered to complete the job.
- You will undertake multi-trade activities as appropriate in the completion of your duties as a gas and plumbing engineer.
- You will be responsible for your Silva Homes assigned vehicle, undertake maintenance checks on a weekly basis as per the driver's/operator's handbook and ensure an adequate supply of stock in order to undertake your assigned jobs.
- You will carry out and detail work in accordance with the current schedule of rates for the Silva Homes repairs & maintenance service.
- You will notify the Gas & Plumbing Team Leader of any health and safety defects within properties and communal areas and make recommendations for rectifying them.
- You will always ensure compliance with Health and Safety legislation, other relevant legislation and guidelines as set out in the Silva Homes Policies and Procedures.
- You will maintain accurate records of work undertaken and time taken daily, using PDAs or other methods as determined relevant at the time.
- You will undertake training as directed by the organisation to ensure the effective provision of quality services to our customers.
- You will undertake such other duties as may from time to time be necessary, compatible with the nature of the post. The above list of main duties and responsibilities is not necessarily a complete statement of the final duties of the post and should be taken as guidance only.
The Successful Applicant
Skills and experiences
- Achieve and demonstrate trade competencies for gas and plumbing engineers
- Ensure that all work is completed to the defined quality and technical standards
- Good knowledge of current maintenance techniques and use of the correct equipment
- Good communication skills, both oral and written and good numeracy skills
- Good organisational skills, a problem solver who uses their own initiative
- Ability to work on own initiative, be self-motivated and ability to work as part of team
- Enjoys working collaboratively colleagues to provide a great service to our customers
Qualifications and other requirements
- Achieve and demonstrate the trade competencies for gas engineer (Inc. CCN1 Gas Safety: Elements - Heating Wet, Heating Warm Air, Cookers) to enable common gas or heating works to be completed
- Competent in domestic boiler and heating system fault find diagnosis to include electrical fault finishing
- Hold current certificate for:
What's on Offer
We provide a wide range of benefits that help us to invest in colleagues and their aspirations, to support them to work in the way they want and that makes sure we recognise, reward and look after our everyone. We are also constantly reviewing this and looking at ways to improve our offer.
Investing in you
- A strong established pension scheme with employer contributions up to 12%
- Support to gain new skills to be at your best
- Investment in qualifications that will help you to develop in your role
- Payment of professional fees and subscriptions
- Uniforms, tools and vehicles for accredited people in trades and supportive housing areas
- Digital devices to help you work where you need to, because we know work and life extends beyond the office
- Free office parking
- Paid volunteering opportunities
- A competitive market salary
- Recognition awards
Looking after you
- A generous leave entitlement
- A rewarding buy and sell leave scheme
- A comprehensive employee assistance programme to provide confidential advice when you need it
- Flu jab vouchers
- Eye care and spectacle vouchers
- Access to various health and wellbeing activities
- Discounted gym membership option
- Health cash back plan option