Gas and Plumbing Engineer (Voids)
- As a Gas and Plumbing Engineer your role will be to provide a high-quality heati
About Our Client
Silva Homes is a vibrant, confident and independent award winning housing association with ambitious plans, backed by strong finances and excellent colleagues. Established in 2008 as a stock transfer association, Silva Homes have added 800 homes to their property portfolio, and are continuing to significantly invest in and improve, their homes and services to customers.
Silva Homes have around 220 employees providing services to 7,500 homes.
• Providing a high-quality gas and plumbing service in the voids team and the wider plumbing and gas team as required.
• Undertaking works as instructed within all buildings owned or maintained by Silva Homes to the competent standard for gas and plumbing as defined by trade competences, City & Guilds, NVQ and ACS certification and Gas Safe registration along with current legislation.
• Be available and responsible should the need arise for emergency calls or to cover sickness absence on an ad-hoc basis, completing and submitting the associated paperwork at the beginning of the next working day so that follow up action can be taken as appropriate
• Complete all paperwork accurately and in a timely manner, complete all follow-on works documentation and submit daily for assessment and planning. Notifying the appropriate person of any specialist works or parts that need to be ordered to complete the job.
• Undertake multi-trade activities as appropriate in the completion of your duties as a gas and plumbing engineer.
• Be responsible for your Silva Homes assigned vehicle, undertake maintenance checks on a weekly basis as per the driver’s/operator’s handbook and ensure an adequate supply of stock in order to undertake your assigned jobs.
• Carry out and detail work in accordance with the current schedule of rates for the Silva Homes repairs & maintenance service.
• Notify the Voids Manager of any health and safety defects within properties and communal areas and make recommendations for rectifying them.
• Always ensure compliance with Health and Safety legislation, other relevant legislation and guidelines as set out in the Silva Homes Policies and Procedures.
• Maintain accurate records of work undertaken and time taken daily, using PDAs or other methods as determined relevant at the time.
• Undertake training as directed by the organisation to ensure the effective provision of quality services to our customers.
• Such other duties as may from time to time be necessary, compatible with the nature of the post. The above list of main duties and responsibilities is not necessarily a complete statement of the final duties of the post and should be taken as guidance only.
The Successful Applicant
Skills and experiences
• Achieve and demonstrate trade competencies for gas and plumbing engineers.
• Ensure that all work is completed to the defined quality and technical standards.
• Good knowledge of current maintenance techniques and use of the correct equipment.
• Good communication skills, both oral and written and good numeracy skills.
• Good organisational skills, a problem solver who uses their own initiative.
• Ability to work on own initiative, be self-motivated and ability to work as part of team.
• Enjoy working collaboratively with colleagues to provide a great service to our customers. Qualifications and other requirements
• Achieve and demonstrate the trade competencies for gas engineer (Inc. CCN1 Gas Safety: Elements - Heating Wet, Heating Warm Air, Cookers) to enable common gas or heating works to be completed
• Competent in domestic boiler and heating system fault find diagnosis to include electrical fault finishing
• Hold current certificate for:
• UVHW unvented hot water systems, install, commission and service
• Hold current A.C.S Certificate and elements to include CCN1, CEN 1, WAT 1, HTR 1 and CKR 1 (DAH 1 and MET 1 desirable) •WRAS qualification
• A full clean driving licence.
What's on Offer
We provide a wide range of benefits that help us to invest in colleagues and their aspirations, to support them to work in the way they want and that makes sure we recognise, reward and look after our everyone. We are also constantly reviewing this and looking at ways to improve our offer.
Investing in you
• A strong established pension scheme with employer contributions up to 12%
•Support to gain new skills to be at your best