- An opportunity for an experienced Freight or Road Transport professional
- Based in Burton-on-Trent with high levels of growth!
About Our Client
Our client is a market leading freight & distribution leader based in Derby. For over 180 years' the business has been providing unparalleled turn-key solutions via air, sea and road to the worldwide shipping & logistics industry. The business is currently undergoing large scale growth across their air freight team and as such requires a new Freight Team Leader to join the operation due to an internal promotion.
The successful Freight Team Leader will report into the International Freight Manager on a daily basis. You will be working across a standard Monday to Friday, office hours, schedule and will be expected to undertake the following tasks:
- End to end booking, pricing and quotations of manufactured shipments, primarily by means of road & air freight, across the global.
- Manage a vast network of over 600 suppliers / carriers, whilst additionally looking to continual improve relationships and costings.
- Responsibility for a small team of 7x Freight Planner's (including PDR's, 1to1's, performance reviews).
- Ensuring our customer receives only the highest quality service at the best possible price.
- This role will also co-ordinate a variety of different shipments
- Ensure financial, quality, safety targets are adhered to at all times.
- Ensuring all relevant compliance and administrative procedures are following, along with customs clearance.
The Successful Applicant
As an Freight Team Leader you will be required to have attributes and experience in the following areas:
- 3+ years experience in Freight or Road Transport.
- Experience of managing or co-ordinating teams.
- Commutable to Derby
What's on Offer
- 10-12% bonus annual bonus scheme
- 33 days per year holiday allowance
- Private healthcare
- 8% pension match