- An excellent opportunity managing a freight customs & compliance divison!
- A specialist intregrated air & road freight forwarder based in Birmingham...
About Our Client
Our client is a £105 million turnover business specialising in integrated freight solutions based out of their hub in Birmingham. You will be joining the business at a pinnacle time whereby they have just gained an investment of £21 million to grow their operations. Their services focus mainly around the automotive and manufacturing spaces with regular and ad-hoc services across the world!
As a Freight Customs & Compliance Director you will report into the Managing Director on a daily basis and be observed as the expert in your field. You will also conduct the following responsibilities:
- Managing a team of 15x customs entries & specialist co-ordinators working 24/7
- To ensure full compliance (entering through to audit) of Customs Documentation for Air & Road freight shipments
- Utilising knowledge of customs tariffs, CPC codes and security declarations to ensure shipment are cleared in a timely manner.
- Support and advise customers on all international import / export requirements especially with new processes brought upon by Brexit. The ideal candidate will have a customs background in either road, air or sea freight and a good knowledge of customs systems, HMRC regimes and query resolution.
- To advise the business and generate plans to mitigate the risks and take opportunities from Brexit and other geo political and legislative change.
- To ensure the business is constantly compliant with all HMRC processes and any changes to legislation are implemented throughout the business.
- Managing the companies AEO certification.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Freight Customs & Compliance Director will be a leader and expert in the world of customs compliance. You will ideally have the following skills and attributes:
- 4+ years experience in Customs Compliance
- Ability to quickly clear both Road & Air Freight Shipments.
- A strong physical understanding of software such as ASM, an understanding of CPC codes, Customs Tariffs and Security Declarations.
- Freight forwarding experience would be desirable.
- Commutable to Birmingham.
- An understanding of the post-Brexit environment
- Formal qualification in the Customs / Freight arena would be advantageous.
- AEO Knowledge would be desirable.
What's on Offer
- £55,000-£75,000 (dependent on experience)
- Company car and/or allowance
- 8% matched pension contributions
- Private healthcare for you and the family
- Optional share buying scheme
- Access to a comphrensive financial benefits plan