- Excellent reputation for staff welfare and generous benefits package on offer
- Opportunities for career progression and development within the role
About Our Client
Our client, based just outside Abingdon, are highly thought of and well known for excellent staff retention. They offer a generous benefits package and flexible working. They are looking to hire an individual that will add value to their business by using financial analysis to aid them in their decision making.
To support this exciting time in the business we are seeking a passionate and positive person who can work well in a busy office and knows how to make a difference. We are looking for someone with significant analytical experience who is looking to contribute to the success of the company.
The Financial Analyst responsibilities will include:
- Jointly lead the Financial Analyst team and support the Finance Business Partners in the production and co-ordination of timely and accurate annual budgets, quarterly forecasts and monthly and annual management accounts
- To support the Head of Financial Management, Finance Business Partners and Budget Holders by co-ordinating the production of financial information and financial modelling for strategic planning initiatives etc to support decision making.
- To use a range of forecasting and review techniques to maintain financial control and to project accurately
- Monitor performance against financial plans across the company, and direct the Financial Analyst team to investigate any significant variances from budget and provide advice and support in implementing corrective action
- Alternate with the other senior financial analyst in being responsible for sales invoicing and consolidation of financial information for monthly and annual accounts, budgets and forecasts.
- To provide accurate and timely budgetary control information to Finance business partners and budget holders and to produce consolidated reports
- Support Business Partners in conducting budgeting and forecasting exercises, receive financial submissions, consolidate and incorporate to the medium-term financial plan.
- Work with shared service team to develop additional reports and improve processes and models as necessary to enhance the support offered to key stakeholders.
- Work with the Financial control team to produce accurate and timely end of year accounts, ensuring financial controls are maintained and supporting audit activities as required
The Successful Applicant
The successful Financial Analyst will be:
- Experienced with financial analysis and modelling
- Highly advanced Excel user
- Actively studying for an accountancy qualification - ACCA/CIMA
- Has worked on Financial Systems projects previously
- Experience in month-end reporting
The individual will need to have:
- A strong focus and pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Able to interpret both quantitative and qualitative data regarding projects
- Analytical nature
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Keenness to learn and develop their skills further
What's on Offer
The salary on offer is in the range of £35,000 - £40,000 dependent upon level of experience and qualification. A study package is on offer for the successful individual.