- Financial Accountant
- Global Energy & Technology Company
About Our Client
Global energy and technology company, operating at the intersection of renewable and conventional power. We trade energy in global markets
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded, including product control related entries.
- Reconcile general and subsidiary bank accounts by gathering and balancing information.
- Update accounts payable and perform reconciliations
- Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines.
- Assist with reviewing of expenses.
- Ensure appropriate substantiation of any trading-related balance sheet values and proper documentation of all realized trading income.
- Assist in external audit engagement and preparation of financial statements.
- Assist with month-end Accounting close and internal/external reporting requirements.
- Review forward book ensuring proper derivative accounting standards are followed.
- Assist with ad-hoc analysis and requested reporting as needed.
- Assist in the continued development of Finance and Accounting systems and procedures.
The Successful Applicant
- Proven experience as a junior accountant, preferably 2-3 years experience
- Degree in accounting, finance, or relevant field, or commensurate experience.
- Working towards completion of an accounting qualification (ACCA or CIMA), having sat & passed exams
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications, including advanced Excel skills.
- Ability to work in a lean, start-up environment in a hands-on and independent manner.
- Excellent organizing abilities, critical thinker, team player.
- Great attention to detail.
- Good with numbers and figures and an analytical acumen.
Desired but not essential:
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices. Previous exposure to UK GAAP, IFRS or US GAAP is preferred.
- Ability to handle large data sets are desirable but not required.
What's on Offer
Looking to pay up to £55,000 depending on experience, with a comprehensive benefits package which includes an expected bonus of 15%-20% of base salary