- Financial Accountant (P/Q)
- Global Manufacturing Business
About Our Client
Trillium Flow Technologies™ portfolio of 16 legacy brands offers premier valves, pumps, and actuators designed for specific industry applications. With a supply chain that spans the globe, our key manufacturing facilities are located in China, France, Italy, South Korea, the United Kingdom, and the United States with additional Service Centres in Canada and India. Group turnover is c$500m.
The UK Manufacturing business is headquartered from Elland with c120 staff on site and turnover of $40 - 45m and growing. There are strong links with the UK Service business located in Scotland which has turnover of c. $60m per annum. Revenue streams come from both sales of manufactured valves and pumps, as well as aftercare and servicing.
The successful candidate will likely have the following responsibilities:
- Preparation of accurate 13 week cash forecast to be submitted to Group Treasury on a weekly basis.
- Preparation of the budget and quarterly re-forecasts for working capital.
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Support working capital improvements by business partnering within operations and challenging the business on cash generation.
- Ensure intercompany matching is fully reconciled at reporting dates and any discrepancies are resolved on a timely basis. Submit intercompany transactions to be settled during the month.
- Be an integral part of the month-end reporting processes to ensure that accurate information is prepared for upload into the Group reporting tools.
- Ensure that internal controls for all accounting processes are fit for purpose in line with Group requirement and controls are operating as designed.
- Preparation of the monthly financial currency exposure matrix for submission to Group Treasury.
- Monthly review of purchase ledger accounts to identify and resolve issues, for example payments on account, unrecovered credits, old payable balances
- Review payment runs to ensure vendors are paid to term and transactions are appropriately approved.
- Supplier statement Reconciliations.
- Ensure that the payment terms / credit limit on all customer accounts are reviewed at least annually in line with business policy.
- Ensure that customer accounts are reconciled, cash allocated and issues addressed on a timely basis.
- Monitor aged debt and credit control process including communication with customers where necessary.
- Assist in all aspects of Fixed Asset accounting (additions, disposals, depreciation, counts)
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will likely have the following profile:
- Part-qualified and working towards qualification
- Strong communication skills
- Problem solving, analytically minded, and good business judgement
- Efficient with IT packages including strong Excel ability
- Able to build relationships internally and externally
What's on Offer
This role offers a competitive salary between £30,000-£35,000 plus benefits.