- Financial Accountant
- Market Leading Business
About Our Client
Our client is a market leading forward thinking business based in Glasgow. They fully support hybrid working.
The successful candidate will likely have the following responsibilities:
- Preparation of subsidiary monthly management accounts with variances investigated.
- Assist with monthly revenue recognition process for CR&D projects, adhering to revenue guidelines and ensuring the accuracy of revenue accruals.
- Reconcile EU funded project claims to ledger and funding team records.
- Assist with management and timely submission of Independent Auditor Report requests for project funding claims, whilst maintaining accurate audit records.
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations with all balances fully investigated.
- Preparation of Profit & Loss trend and variance analyses to budget and forecast with all Capex and overhead costs analysed by asset.
- Lead on monthly meetings with budget holders to review expenditure to date and provide support as required.
- Preparation of annual PSA calculation and submission to HMRC.
- Assist the Group FM with annual group corporation tax computations.
- Monthly VAT Reconciliations and submission of the Group VAT Return to HMRC.
- Maintenance of Fixed Asset register on Sage.
- Assist the Group FM with weekly review of aged debt and provide support with debt recovery from external parties as required.
- Undertake quarterly review of open purchase orders across all entities, investigate discrepancies with requisitioners and close purchase orders as required.
- Work closely with assistant accounts to maintain the integrity of the General ledger and ensure timely closure of monthly ledgers.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships across the business with a view to improving quality of financial information.
- Provide cover for processing workload as required.
- Liaise with auditors during annual year end audit where required.
- Ad hoc duties and analysis as requested by the Senior Finance Team.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will likely have the following profile:
- 3-5 years in a similar role.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines.
- Working knowledge and understanding of VAT.
- Project accounting desirable but not essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Sage 200 experience desirable but not essential.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Team player with confidence to work with colleagues across the organisation at various seniority levels.
What's on Offer
This role offers a competitive salary between £35,000-£40,000 plus benefits.