AAT Qualified or part Qual AAC Finance Technicial required
Excellent development opportunity - VAT / Tax
About Our Client
Page Personnel is a market leading financial recruitment specialist, part of the Page Group. Our client based in central Cardiff and is looking to recruit a Finance Technician to join their Finance team on a permanent basis.
As Finance Technician you will be responsible for -
- Process data in accordance with documented procedures and controls, this includes posting journals as part of statutory financial or regulatory, in accordance with Finance Operations deadlines.
- Responsible for reconciliation, including the investigation and clearance of outstanding items, as per deadlines mandated in Finance Operations, ensuring the reasons for reconciling items are clearly and concisely explained.
- Contribute to the accurate and timely preparation of the monthly financial / management accounts, related revenue and balance sheet commentary, regulatory and tax returns and other management information, in accordance with Finance Operations timetables.
- Assist with the delivery of analytical support and management information, as well as assist with ad hoc requests.
- Adhere to robust financial controls in compliance with Group Standards, statutory and regulatory requirements and the risk and control framework.
- Assist in the ledger maintenance, development and integration of relevant systems and support the team with project work as and when required.
- Identify and suggest improvements to processes directly to accounting ledgers management.
- Maintain procedure notes, ensuring they are up to date and fit for purpose. Provide cross training within the team.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate -
- Practical experience of accounting and and/or tax/book keeping procedures.
- Must be capable of understanding and applying applicable accounting and tax standards.
- Understanding of product ledger, expense ledger or operational tax processes.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of staff throughout the business and prepared to actively participate in meetings.
- Attention to detail and able to work accurately to tight deadlines.
- Able to work independently or as part of a team, while planning and prioritising tasks.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills, with an ability to identify process improvement opportunities.
- Proactively seeks solutions to problems and escalates concerns and is prepared to challenge existing processes and suggest improvements.
- Clarifies objectives, aims and timescales to deliver the required outcome.
- Build and develops strong relationships with peers and the leadership team.
What's on Offer
£17-21000 plus benefits and study support