Finance Operations Manager
Must have experience with managing a minimum of 3 people
An exciting time to join this well-established Housing Association
About Our Client
settle is a modern social business. As a proud provider of social housing, they manage over 9,000 properties across Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire. Formed in 2003, they were previously known as North Hertfordshire Homes.
Against a backdrop of financial difficulty for some and an inaccessible housing market for many, they're here to tackle challenges familiar to us all. They have bold ambitions to build more much-needed affordable homes and to improve the services they offer to provide an easy to access, simple to use service that their customers can put their trust in.
settle are passionate about being the best they can be, for each other and their customers. They know that colleagues who are engaged by their purpose and enjoy coming to work will act as one team across the organisation, with everyone able to play their individual part, so that they achieve the best possible outcomes for their customers.
Key duties as Finance Operations Manager:
- Responsible for the management of the transactional finance team.
- Manage the Accounts payable function ensuring supplier payments are made on time and within the associations delegated financial responsibilities.
- Manage the Income team ensuring income is dealt with in a timely fashion and relevant processes are completed.
- Review how each team operates and seek to identify how the teams can operate in a more efficient and effective manager
- Support and deal with queries raised by both teams.
- Own the month end reports required from the transaction team to budget holders and finance business partners.
- Own and manage the bad debts and provision for tenants and sales ledger.
- Ensure all period end deadlines are adhered to
- Operate with transparency and ensure excellent record keeping for audit trail
- Assist with the external and external audits
- Systems Admin
- Other Ad Hoc duties
The Successful Applicant
A basic must!
* As a leader, you will be expected to be collaborative, empowering and engage colleagues. This will require visibility, determination as well as an open and honest approach in all that you do
* Methodical, organised, efficient and effective
* Attention to detail
* Excellent oral and written communication skills to build effective relationships across the
* Communicate complex financial information to non-Finance colleagues
* Thrive under pressure and prioritise workload
* Work to deadlines
* Undertake process based reviews and identify ways in which continuous improvement can be made.
* Make decisions and know when to escalate matters
What's on Offer
Finance Operations Manager Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 per annum dependent on experience
- 27 Days annual leave + Bank Holidays
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
How to apply:
For further information please contact Jordan Gutteridge on 01727 730109. Page Group has been exclusively retained for this appointment. All direct and third party applications will be forwarded to Page Personnel. An Open Evening will be held on 1st November at the Broadway Hotel, Letchworth Garden City, providing candidates with the opportunity to meet the team and discuss the organisation and role in an informal setting. Internal interviews will be held between the 23rd October and 5th November, please apply ASAP to avoid missing out on this excellent opportunity.