- A permanent, full time opportunity to join a well established University;
- Offering between £24,000 and £27,000 per annum;
About Our Client
Our client provides a central service to the wider university that enables significant and increased delivery of international education. They liaise with many different stakeholders across the organisation including various Schools, Faculties and management groups to offer complete oversight of financial performance.
The key responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to;
- Month end processes including: o Calculation of month end accounting adjustments in relation to prepayments, accruals, provisions, intercompany, management fees and depreciation. o Preparing and inputting journals onto Oracle Financials and the discrete finance system used by the subsidiaries. o Preparation of multiple balance sheet reconciliations o Monitoring treasury and petty cash processes including bank reconciliations, cash flow and working capital requirements. o Document and monitor actual performance against forecast and budget, investigating variances and resolving any discrepancies;
- Support the Management Accountant in the annual financial reporting cycle, including annual budgets, 5 year plans, forecast outturns and year end tasks;
- Prepare audit file documentation and provide assistance to the internal and external auditors;
- Support the subsidiaries in all aspects of transactional financial processes including treasury, intercompany recharges, sales and purchasing, payroll and related taxation and compliance issues.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate must possess the following, in order to be successful;
- Experience of working with multiple financial processes, ideally within a large organisation;
- Have strong double entry skills to enable bookkeeping to a high standard and the preparation of management accounting information;
- Effectively communicate and explain finance practice and procedure to non-finance managers;
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral), demonstrating an ability to deal with a wide range of people both internal and external, at all levels;
- AAT qualified or studying towards a recognised accounting qualification (ACCA, CIMA);
- Have experience of some or all of the following: IRIS, SAGE and Oracle systems;
- Working with colleagues situated in multiple locations/countries.
What's on Offer
On offer to the candidate;
- A permanent, full-time role offering between £24,000 and £27,000 per annum;
- Hybrid working, working 1-2 days in the office per week.
- A varied role with the Higher Education sector.