- Two Year FTC
- Opportunity to work for the University of Oxford
About Our Client
Our client is a department within the University of Oxford dedicated to world leading research into tropical diseases and global health challenges. They are seeking a motivated Finance Officer to join the team due to an increase in the scale and complexity of the projects carried out by the department.
Finance Officer responsibilities:
- Ensure financial control is maintained by adhering to the University's financial regulations.
- Ensure accuracy of reporting by adherence to a strict month end timetable issued by the NDM Head of Finance.
- Prepare I&E reports for the Finance Manager. These are either generated using Oracle or GL connect.
- Refresh the dashboard using XL connect tool. Use to ensure Oracle data is correctly stated or resolve accounts payment invoice holds and open purchase orders errors. Liaise with the central accounts receivable team to ensure prompt collection of debtors. Identify retro PO's with a view to proactively reducing future occurrences.
- Analysis of income or costs categories including clearing petty cash & Barclaycard natural accounts
- Generate and distribute monthly reports to PI's and budget holders.
- Create and post general ledger corrections.
- Review and clear recharge cost centres
- Monthly VAT validations to ensure Oracle set up is accurate and any significant errors corrected.
- Provide details of accruals & prepayments to be made.
- Administrate for USD petty cash
- Undertake monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Reconcile AAP advances on a monthly basis ensure any reconciling items are understood and resolved
- Reconcile petty cash ensure segregation of duties is achieved
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate:
- Successfully studying towards the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) qualification or equivalent, with a desire to study ACCA/CIMA
- Computer literate with experience of utilising MS Office, in particular Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent communication skills with a wide range of people - both internal and external - at all levels, both verbally and in writing.
- Experience of preparing and producing financial reports.
- Excellent time management and demonstrable ability to prioritise and manage a diverse workload to meet competing deadlines.
- Ability to produce a consistently high standard of work, with particular evidence of ability to work accurately with attention to detail.
- Experience of interpreting and applying financial policies to routine situations.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Previous experience working with Oracle is desirable
What's on Offer
- £29-35,000 depending on experience
- Excellent benefits package available