Great opportunity for a Finance Officer looking for exposure to other duties.
You'll play a vital role in the efficiency of the finance department.
About Our Client
The organisation is a small charity in central London who's mission is to help change the lives of Women through medical research.
The main responsibilities of the Finance Officer will be to:
- Carry out all accounts payable and accounts receivable duties.
- Assist with the new system implementation.
- Incorporate the trial balance and activity by department into the management accounts for review by the DoFR.
- Prepare quarterly VAT returns for review by the DoFR.
- To assist the DofR with other duties when required.
- Post monthly journals, accruals and prepayments.
- Assist with the management accounts/post first draft of management accounts upto trial balance.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Finance Officer will have come from a charity background and will be a self starter who is looking for a challenge and the opportunity to learn more about accounting processes. You will have studied AAT or being studying towards an accounting qualification such as ACCA or CIMA. Any experience with Sage 50 and/or Xero will be highly desirable. Experience with both accounts payable and accounts receivable is essential.
What's on Offer
The successful Finance Officer will receive a great pension alongside their salary and will have the opportunity to learn new skills and gain exposure to a variety of areas in accounting.