Permanent job opportunity, offering excellent career prospects
Combines business partnering and management accountant responsibilities
About Our Client
My client is a very reputable brand and market leader within their industry (manufacturing and production of high quality products), with exciting plans for growth and further development in the coming years!
The role is based at their offices here in Northampton, working as part of a close knit team and linking finance with all operational areas of the business.
This Finance Manager role requires excellent commercial acumen, combined with strong technical accounting skills and superb communication skills
The Finance Manager includes the following responsibilities:
- Preparation and reporting of monthly accounts
- Support month-end and year-end close processes, as well as delivering a successful audit
- Provide advice to senior stakeholders and Directors on the impacts of all decisions
- Provide in-depth and meaningful analysis and commentary on KPIs
- Lead the provision of insightful, efficient and meaningful BI
- Implementation of new processes & systems to increase efficiencies across the business
- Develop and implement internal controls
- Provide a key interface with commercial team
- Manage the sales ledger to ensure customers are within terms, highlighting problem accounts proactively and successfully resolving any issues
- Manage finance systems to ensure accuracy of invoicing, payments etc.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the Finance Manager role will possess the following skills, experience and personality traits:
- Dynamic, process driven and commercially focused finance professional. Part/fully qualified or Qualified By Experience candidates will all be considered for the role.
- You will have previous experience of performing a senior finance role and have a demonstrable ability to manage stakeholders at all levels
- Experience within the logistics sector will be an advantage, understanding the impacts of day-to-day operations on the company P&L is vital to success in the role
- An ability to understanding how variances affect business key performance indicators is vital
- Communication skills must be exceptional, with a proven ability to build rapport and influence stakeholders
What's on Offer
- Permanent job opportunity
- A position of seniority within the company with the opportunity to improve processes and make a difference
- Long term progression