- Competitive Salary
- Benefits Package
About Our Client
The client are a public sector domain who are seeking an interpersonal Finance Manager to work remotely but travel 2-3 days into the office per week in Stevenage. You will receive an excellent benefits package and competitive salary as well as being able to work remotely in this position.
* To provide complex financial accountancy services to a portfolio of schools and academies to include; the preparation of ESFA financial returns o completion and submission of VAT returns o reconciliation of accounts o preparation of year end accounts and audit working papers
* To provide business partner services to schools within a trust and academy trusts including the preparation of monthly management accounts to include profit and loss reviews, balance sheet reports and cash flow forecasting.
* To provide strategic financial planning support to schools, to include the preparation of annual budgets, support with ongoing budget planning and scenario planning.
* Attendance at academy trust resource meetings as required to report on year end and management accounts.
* To support the provision of internal audit and assurance services to academies, to include the planning and overseeing of the audit process and submission of reports within set deadlines.
* To support schools converting to academy status, supporting the set-up of new finance systems and processes for the opening academy. * Working as a critical friend and carrying out peer reviews of academy work completed by members of the Academy Finance team, ensuring compliance with The Academies Financial Handbook.
* To support on project work, working with academy trusts, to improve financial reporting, processes and procedures.
* To develop and deliver training courses to schools, trusts and colleagues in the wider Financial Services Team.
* Liaison with external organisations as appropriate including Audit Firms, Hertfordshire County Council and the Education Standards & Funding Agency.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be able to commute to the client offices in Stevenage for 2-3 days a week for meetings, and work effectively from home. You will be experienced in the duties listed above and be an excellent communicator.
What's on Offer
On offer to the successful candidate is a full-time and permanent opportunity and the chance to work for an excellent business in the public sector space. A competitive salary is paid for the successful candidate along with progression in the role.